We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A different tipping question

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
516 posts
97 reviews
A different tipping question

Hi,

Just been to the new masseys in Holetown. An employee insistwd on taking our trolley to our car and unloading it. She said they have to do this. I assume to keep the carpark clear of trolleys. I gave the girl a small tip but am curious to know if this is what i should do.

5 replies to this topic
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,578 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: A different tipping question

Well, yes Carol , I always tip them around $3 or so, and so do my friends. They have to do it to make sure the trolleys don't go AWOL.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 16:30
Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
516 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: A different tipping question

Thank you, good to know.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: A different tipping question

yes.. they do it in all the massy supermarkets.. I usually tip the same 3.00 .. at Christmas and depending on many bags, I've given 5.00 or more..

cheshire
Level Contributor
111 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: A different tipping question

Thanks for the question and the answer I must admit it has thrown me the past .thankfully I have tipped amounts maybe more depending how hot and bothered I am :)

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: A different tipping question

We always find the staff so pleasant and polite and normally tip around $5. When we stayed at Villas on the Beach they actually took our groceries on the trolley to our apartment, that's what I call excellent service!

Reply to: A different tipping question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted