We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music shop-guitar hire

Glos.UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Music shop-guitar hire

Does anyone know if there are any music shops that might possibly hire an acoustic guitar to us for 2 weeks in December ?

Don't really want the bother of transporting one as hold baggage for 2 weeks, especially as it might get damaged.

many thanks

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

I have to be honest and say I've never heard of one!

Sarah

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

I'm sure I stumbled across a musical instrument shop in one of the small malls in Bridgetown, but that was years ago now. Not much help as I can't remember the mall....sorry!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

I'm with Scary on this one, but you can try

A & B MUSIC SUPPLIES LIMITED

#12 Webster Industrial Park, Wildey, St. Michael

Tel: (246) 430-1100

Fax: (246) 436-0024

E-mail: abmusic@sunbeach.net

PRODUCTS/SERVICES:

Retailers of musical instruments, sound systems and accessories

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Glos.UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

Thanks everyone for replying-I'll try A & B-if no joy he'll just have to make do with his harmonica !

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

Are Bongos outta the question?

Chicago, IL
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

I played guitar and sang at Crocs den in Barbados 3 years ago for about 4 months. You are best off to buy a good guitar case (SKB hardshell flight case) for about $100. It will protect your guitar for a lifetime, and the airlines will have a tough time breaking it!!! These are the same cases the pro's use. Also remember to detune before you fly so your neck doesn't break . Buying anything on an island is expensive!!! You're are better off buying a good case.

Chicago, IL
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

Ooops, sorry, I've been to A&B music. It's small, and very expensive. I highly doubt they rent guitars, but they do rent PA's for mucho dinero!!!

Glos.UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

Thanks-and yes he does have a good quality hard case, but the problem is it's over the size limit to go as hold luggage with our airline, Virgin.

And it seems a lot of bother to transport just for 2 weeks holiday, I just thought it might be easier to hire one there.

thanks for the advice anyway

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

I stopped by the A & B music store at the mall today. The supply store (a different location) does have rental guitars.. but it does depend on when you are coming, and what type of Guitar, as to the availability and price.

I said I thought it was acoustic (couldn't remember for sure) and couldn't remember the date.

I would still suggest that you contact them directly and find out.

Good Luck.

Glos.UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Music shop-guitar hire

Thanks Sunnie, you're a star ! We'll certainly contact them directly.