We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

Which Barbados hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
962 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

This question stems from the discussion of the best restaurants for romance. Maybe it's not the meal that creates the romance, maybe it's the dessert that creates the romance?

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

I do have to give Champers the nod on this one. I enjoyed their desserts more than their entres.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

Why go to a restaurant? Go to Patisserie Flindt in Holetown or their little shop beside Cave Shepherd in Worthing.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

Tides have one of the best chocolate desserts called

'Chocolate Lovers Dream' which is fantastic.

The best dessert I had was at Nishi. This was a coconut, rum & banana bread pudding. Yum!

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

***drooools***

I've got Flindt on my list of must do's.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

Does the Patisserie Flindt have seating or is it mostly a takeout bakery, and are they open in the evening?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

Their Holetown location has inside and outside tables, they serve lunch and dinner now. Here's their site http://www.flindtbarbados.com/

Believe me you can't go wrong in my not so humble opinion.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

I am always amazed at the gorgeous dessert creations most restaurants offer. The Tides offers their "Tidation", A Chocolate Lover's Dream, Rich Chocolate Ganache scented with Cappuccino Coffee set on a flourless Chocolate Cake and glazed with a thick Chocolate Topping.

At Mullins Restaurant the dessert was to die for - vanilla spiced crepe with an orange & caramel stewed banana and strawberry ice cream.

At Cobblers Cove we also sampled a roasted peanut butter dessert with ice cream that was unique and delicious.

At Champers one dessert we enjoyed was the White Chocolate Cheesecake with Strawberry Coulis and Vanilla Ice Cream.

I have to agree that Patisserie Flindt offers some of the best desserts on the island. As another poster said, in Holetown they are open for lunch and dinner as well.

No matter where you go, all desserts are presented very artistically. A real treat.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

One thing I noticed about Oistens was the lack of a quality dessert vendor, unless I missed it. They had a couple ice cream vendors but no one who specialized with just desserts, sweets, and ice cream. It looked like a void someone could capitalize on. The largest congregation of people on the island on fridays, weekends, and no one has jumped on that business. It would seem as though Flindt or someone could make a killing.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

They could call it "Just Desserts".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What restaurant has the best desserts in Barbados?

If you're ever in Bridgetown during lunchtime try the bread pudding at MarketFive. It's wonderful!