We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

ct
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

1st time going.

Any thought on which one would be better, beach, location to resturants and shopping???

Could really use some advice.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

Both are great hotels...Southern Palms is in St. Lawrence Gap so closer to the action and in walking distance to many restaurants...I think Bougainvillea has slightly better accommodation (but speak under correction) but the location of the hotel is a short drive (at night - 5 mins or less) to many reatuarants etc...both are on great beaches.

London, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

I've never stopped at the Bougainvillea but I can highly recommend the Southern Palms hotel, the location couldn't be better, right on a beautiful beach in St Lawrence Gap. Southern Palms is within walking distance of all the restaurants and bars of The Gap and yet is far enough away from them for it to still be nice and quiet. Lovely place, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time whichever hotel you choose but be prepared to rent a car or use taxis / public transport more often if you opt for the Bougainvillea.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

Which ever you choose you will not be sorry.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

I think they are both good and similar in quality, I prefer the beach at the Bougainvillea but I think this comes down to if you want to be able to walk to bars & restaurants in the Gap if so stay at Southern Palms there are however a couple of bars/restaurants that you can walk to from the Bougainvillea,

ct
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

Thank you all.

The information will really help with our decision.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

It's a tough call! I have stayed at both and would stay at either quite happily any time - they are both lovely. As others have said, you can't really go wrong with either.

I'd say the rooms are a little better furnished at B'villea than at S Palms (not counting the luxury suites at S Palms in that statement). Beaches at both are great but slightly busier on Dover than Maxwell. Easy to walk to The Gap from S Palms - B'villea a bit further away. I personally don't like the bar at B'villea but that is my only criticism of it.

7. Re: Bougain Villa or Southern Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 12:23