We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Runnings v. Jammin

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Any thoughts on which daytime cruise is better? Any other suggestions?

Barbados
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Have been on both; the best catamarans in Barbados for food, crew and cruises. If I had to choose I would probably pick Jammin.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Much of a muchness really but the new kid on the block is Elegance call 259 2558

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Definitely Jammin - a great cruise - lots of good food and drink and friendly help with snorkeling and off boat swimming etc.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

I too have been on both, they are excellent but i also would go for Jammin.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Just to muddy the waters.....haven't been on Jammin, but have been on Cool Runnings 3 times now, and it was great, great great!

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
684 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

I haven't done Jammin but would highly recommend Cool Runnings. Fabulous day out, every time we visit Barbados, we make sure we make time for a Cool Runnings trip. I am sure whichever you choose you will have a lovely day :-)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

We have done Cool Runnings 4 times, 3 day trips and one sunset cruise and never had a bad trip. Thinking I was a bit boring I thought I would investigate the Jammin trip for our visit to Barbados this month. It looks very good, slightly cheaper than Cool Runnings but I get the feeling you dont so much for your money. I could be wrong but I know CR is always good so we will probably plum for them again.

I dont think there are any bad Cat trips in Barbados so I am sure whoever you choose you will enjoy yourselves.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Dunnedg,

Believe me you do get your money's worth with Jammin !

The drinks flow as much or as little as you want, food is excellent, staff superb and are very approachable. Music is top drawer also.

When you moor up you can either go for a swim or relax on a sponge like lilo and one of the staff will even swim out to you with drinks on a tray !

As you say though i don't think there is a bad Cat.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

Certainly some people do get their money's worth, Brettski8!!

I have been on both Jammin' and Cool Runnings. They are both excellent and I would highly recommend either. Jammin' is/was slightly cheaper but all of the same things were offered as on Cool Runnings - in fact, the Jammin' cat had more little extras as Brettski has described.

Agree there is no such thing as a bad cat trip in Barbados though!!

simbadelight
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cool Runnings v. Jammin

jammin excellent catamaran /staff /food and drinks staff very dedicated to

making your trip memorable captain roger very experienced 5 hour trip for

165 barbados dollars well worth the money they pick you up and drop you off we got on the cat and bar opened tea coffee cake what more can you ask for go jammin for a great day out our trip was june this year