We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea U Guest House for one night?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sea U Guest House for one night?

Hello, I was wondering if it would be worth us staying on the east coast at, for example, Sea U guest house for 1 night and the following day? We have approximately 24 hours in Barbados between our flight from Dominica (arriving early eve) and our return flight to the UK the following evening.

I'd love to see the east coast, as we'll be staying on the south coast before visiting Dominica - but I'm not sure how long it will take to get there from the airport?

Thank you!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

LC134

I would recommend the Atlantis over Sea U Guest House, it's just further down the road and much nicer. I would recommend it and think it's an excellent idea. You can get from BGI to Tent Bay in 35-40 minutes by taxi.

www.atlantishotelbarbados.com/

Regards

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

Thank you for replying so quickly! I was thinking about theAtlantis, but noticed that their restaurant closes on Sundays - would there be somewhere to eat close to the hotel, please?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

LC134

The Atlantis Restaurant is open on Sundays, but lunch buffet only which ends around 4pm. You could have a room service meal of sandwiches prepared before hand and left in your room's refrigerator. They are very very accomodating. Alternatively, you could visit Edgewater Inn Hotel or Round House just 5-6 minutes away in Bathsheba for dinner.

Regards

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

Thank you, that's great advice! I'll get everything booked today.

London
Level Contributor
501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

geneticsniper - like LC134 (apologies for the intrusion...), we're keen to stay on the east coast at the end of our trip. We have 6 nights on the west coast, 7 nights on Bequia and then 2 nights for the east coast. We've been trying to choose between the Atlantis and Sea U: I see that you say the Atlantis is much nicer - as it should be, since the rates are much higher. In March, we can have 2 nights at Sea U in an Owners Suite or a superior a/c cottage studio for US$432 inc tax - whereas Atlantis would cost 40% more (US$605). Since our total trip is getting pretty expensive, I'm keen to keep costs down where I can without compromising things too much. But I guess we could stretch to the Atlantis if people really advise us to. If I could tempt you to expand on why/how the Atlantis is 'much nicer', that would be really helpful!

PS - If we did stay in Sea U, would Atlantis be in walking distance for dinner one evening? Or are the roads/the terrain not conducive to after-dalk walking?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

LC134

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

cw10

The Atlantis for many years as one of Barbados' iconic tourism landmarks. It was completely demolished and rebuilt between 2008-2009 and has been restored above and beyond its former glory. It's a perfect location right on the beach, family-run, friendly staff, well-appointed rooms and a superb restaurant serving some of the BEST local food on the island at very competitive prices. Atlantis is definitely worthy of a visit and I'd go as far as to say I can't think of a single regular member on this forum who would have a negative thing to say about it. One of the key highlights is the popular Sunday Buffet Lunch for $85 BBD.

If you decide on Sea-U, you can walk down to Atlantis for any or all of your meals. While the road isn't in the best of conditions, it's suitable to walk at night.

Whatever you decide on, have a wonderful time in the Caribbean and in particular Barbados.

Regards

London
Level Contributor
501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

Many thanks for the speedy and helpful reply. We'll definitely have a re-think!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

You're welcome cw10.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea U Guest House for one night?

The Atlant1s 1s about 100yds further down the road from Sea U. The amb1ence 1s n1cer there's a n1ce pool and the staff are very fr1endly. You could always barter about the rate!!! They do a staycat1on pr1ce for locals w1th 1.d. as well. Go on you only l1ve once!!!