We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive in barbados

massachusetts
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
all inclusive in barbados

can anyone recommend an all inclusive for the fall ? not too fussy but like a nice beach, decent room, and hopefully some english speaking waiters!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive in barbados

All wait people speak english. English is the language in Barbados. There are a few all inclusives but I'm curious why you would prefer that when there are so many options for eating in Barbados. I think most people recommend the Almond Beach properties for All Inclusive but suggest you think twice about tying yourself to that.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive in barbados

we have never really travelled any other way but all inclusive, which is strange since we dont drink! cant get the spouse to see other way. easier than making decisions where to eat,, leaving the resort,, carrying money ect..

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive in barbados

In Barbados, you are going to miss out on some wonderful eating experiences! But, I understand, to each his own.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive in barbados

Food can be expensive or as cheap as you like it. Even if you did go AI, you could always go out for a meal a couple of times as well. Then the next time you go you willl have an idea of how much money you would probably need if you went accommodation only!

Edited: 09 April 2010, 18:15
Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive in barbados

Take some advice from a fellow Bay Stater and at least have an open mind and look beyond the all inclusive packages. I actually cringe everytime I hear of someone going to Barbados on an all-inclusive. Barbados isn't the Dominican Republic, Cancun or Jamaica. There's a lot of dining choices, most accomodations provide some form of kitchen, and there are many ways to go with meals. It's also quite safe to venture out, and it's the best way to experience the island and the people. You'll find fewer all inclusive packages in Barbados for good reason, there isn't much point in it and the only reason they do it at all is for Americans who have been conditioned into going to unsafe places on vacation.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive in barbados

yeah, my aunt never does AI when in aruba either as she loves to adventure out and go to town ect. we never leave the resorts usually. it is something to think about if i can get the others to adapt to change!

7. Re: all inclusive in barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 17:25
Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive in barbados

Turtle Beach is a good AI.

I was there in January and I liked it very much.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive in barbados

I just think all the arguments FOR all-inclusive don't hold for Barbados. Some do, but most don't. Just my opinion. Drinks are relatively cheap, it's safe to venture out, and I would argue it doesn't save money. I'd like to hear opposing arguments for all-inclusive, ...and my opinion is no knock on the fine hotels that offer it or the people who prefer it.

It could be interesting doing a poll on this.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive in barbados

As others have said, there aren't a great many AIs in Barbados, but there are a few to choose from, Turtle Beach, Almond Casuarina, Escape at the Gap are all popular, but not extortionately priced.

Re the AI debate... Personally, I wouldn't go AI anywhere, if I'm visiting a country, I like to see that country and get out and about, especially somewhere like Barbados where it's safe enough to do it. But each to their own, if that's your preference. One thing I don't understand, and somebody may be able to enlighten me, is why travel a long distance to stay AI and not leave the complex? Wouldn't it be less hassle to go somewhere closer to home? Obviously this doesn't apply to those who go out and about, but I know people who travelled to Mexico's Pacific coast, on a 14 hour flight and didn't leave the complex once... surely it would have been easier to go somewhere closer and just see the inside of their hotel area than go miles and see the inside of a hotel?!?