We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

Hi, my husband and I are travelling with our 16 year old son in July this year to the Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel in Barbados.

Does anybody know, would my son have to wear long trousers in the restaurant in the evening, or will he be okay in 3/4 length. I don't want to have to buy him pairs of chino's / trousers he's unlikely to wear again. Also, I'm sure the answer is no, but would smart jeans with a collared shirt / polo be okay for him.

All answers greatly appreciated.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

I would steer away from jeans and get the chino's - 3/4 are acceptable as well just not shorts. Enjoy.

Hampshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

Many thanks for the prompt response.

UK Cornwall
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

i stayed there last year, i hate the no shorts rule in eves, its just to warm to be comfortable in trousers for me, and who enjoys eating a meal when there too hot??? absolutely ridiculous rule, i except that beach shorts are not acceptable, but i got asked to leave in a pair of smart shorts, suitable footwear ie not beach flip flops!!!! and a short sleaved shirt. Hardly scruffy was i

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

Can I ask why all the hotels have this rule?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

I think it's must easier for them to just say 'no shorts, tank tops (for men)(or sleeveless vests as some call it), and proper footwear, than to have someone standing at the entrance to the restaurant checking everyone's attire.

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

Hi. I am staying at the Almond Beach Village in a couple of weeks time, and emailed Almond Resorts to double check the dress code. They didn't mention anything about 3/4 trousers but did say that smart jeans were fine. I would imagine that all the Almond hotels would have the same policy, but to be safe why don't you email them, they replied very quickly - info@almondresorts.co.uk

Hope this helps!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

Your 16 year old lets you choose his clothes???

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

I don't think that was the kind of reply HampshireLady was looking for - people post questions on here when they are genuinely looking for help, if you don't have anything constructive to say why bother posting.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

It was a genuine question actually. Just wondered as neither of my sons would have been keen on the idea that's all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening Dress Code at Almond Casuarina for Teenagers

From memory, smart jeans and a polo shirt will be fine for the evenings, although he might find he gets a bit hot in jeans, although he could change them after dinner.

I think 3/4 trousers are probably also ok but as another poster has suggested, why not email the resort and ask?

We were there last August and going back again this August, you should have a lovely time.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish