We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marine Park tag

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Marine Park tag

Im planning to go to Bonaire for a week. On the first day I want to do the Woodwind snorkelling tour but for the remaining week I want to scuba dive. I know I need to get a marine park tag for $25 so I can dive, my question is if I will be allowed to buy a tag to scuba dive the first day for the snorkelling tour without doing the marine park orientation/buoyancy check until I dive on the second day?

Sea Cow Snorkeling Trips
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Woodwind Sailing & Guided Snorkel
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling
VIP Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marine Park tag

Good question and certainly not a typical one. I would contact your dive operation with your story, since you will be getting the permit/tag from them. They might be able to work something out. Alternatively, you might want to consider rescheduling the snorkel trip for later in your week as a nice addition to diving. Enjoy.

Pa.
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marine Park tag

You should have to buy it with your snorkel charter as it is required for snorkeling, but you will need to pay the dive rate since you will be diving Later on in the week.You will just have to see how your dive operator conducts their check out dive when you check in with them. Just make sure to save your tag and receipt in cases they ask to see it.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marine Park tag

FYI- the snorkel and dive tags are physically different tags. (The dive tag is round and the snorkel tag is square.) The more expensive dive tag also permits snorkeling, but the snorkel tag doesn't permit diving.

A marine park orientation is mandatory with either tag. The dive shop might let you defer the buoyancy check dive until the following day if you've already signed up for diving with them (i.e. your payment is incentive to return to the shop and not skip out on the buoyancy check dive.)

In the end it'll be up to the specific dive shop operator and how they feel about it after your initial discussion with them. Their primary concerns will likely be balancing the requirements of the BNMP with the desire to keep you happy as a customer.

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marine Park tag

Thanks everyone for all the responses!

5. Re: Marine Park tag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2017, 20:00
6. Re: Marine Park tag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2017, 00:15