We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motion Sickness

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
606 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Motion Sickness

I've heard a lot of great things about the resorts at Cayo Santa Maria and would love to visit one of them, but I have a problem. My wife suffers from motion sickness (she's the one holding the bag on takeoff and landing!) and I don't know how she would be able to make that 90 minute bus ride. The diesel fumes always make it worse. She's tried gravol before, but that just makes her feel sick in a different way.

Any ideas?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motion Sickness

has she tried the little patches you place behind your ears? We used to have a 28foot sailboat and those little patches saved my stomach lol...

About the bus....you're in an airconditioned bus (i hope) and i never really smelled any diesel.

It maybe a good ideal to get some prescribed meds for motion sickness.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
606 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motion Sickness

Never heard of the little patches, I'll have to look for them. As for the diesel, she is hyper-sensitive to scents, and that just makes things worse. So if we end up on the same plane some time, no cologne for you!

Thanks.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motion Sickness

Im like that with scented candles...and some colognes lol....(btw i wear perfume lol)

it's tough..

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
606 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motion Sickness

Oops! Sorry, it's hard to tell from your pic!!

With her it's perfume, cologne, candles, scented cleaning products...the list goes on and on. But it does save me from buying expensive gifts of perfume!

5. Re: Motion Sickness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 14:22