We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

I'm new to this part of the forum, I just returned from Punta Cana and we stayed at the Excellence PC. This is a 5 star, adults only resort with all a la carte restuarants. Does anyone know of a resort in Cuba that would be similar? We are heading there next year and kind of what to start seeing what is out there. We are looking for adults only as mentioned, as well we prefer 5 star and on the beach with good dining. We again prefer a la cartes over buffets especially for dinner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

Two hotels spring to mind. Firstly the Paradisus Rio de Oro in Holguin Province. That is a 5 star Adults only hotel.

The other is the newer hotel, the Royal Hideaway on Cayo Ensenachos. a 5 star hotel with an excellent beach which I also believe is Adults only.

Minden, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

Have to agree with Bellagio. Paradisus Rio de Oro is the "absolute best" Adults (18+) only resort in Cuba, with quality food, service and Cuban ambiance.

Royal Hideaway Ensenachos is a "very" close second, in regards to food, but beats PRDO with rooms & beach. It, too, is considered Adults only, however it is 13 or 14 years of age and up.

So it all depends on what is most important to you, both are wonderful, you won't be disappointed in either of them!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

thanks so much for your quick responses. They both sound great. At least now I have two resorts to research further.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

Melia Cayo Santa Maria is also a adults only. Its rated a 4 1/2 star but ranks right up there close to a 5 in food, rooms, beach, staff. RHE is great as well.

Cheers

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

Have never been to Excellence but from what I have read it sounds beautiful.

If you want similar pampering, and service I would suggest the Royal Villa Suites at the Royal Hideaway Ensenachos. A friend of mine has been twice and simply raves about it. It's separate gated area, apart from the main resort with private pool, beach, gourmet restaurant and a butler to take care of your every need. You have your own private jacuzzi on the patio, rooms are like mini apartments with fully stocked bar as well as small kitchen where your butler can prepare a meal "in" if you so wish.

We have stayed in the regular section in the past and it is very good as well. The property is gorgeous, rooms are great, and the beach is simply stunning, best we've seen in over 20 years of travelling south. We hope to upgrade when we return.

6. Re: Best Adults only resort in Cuba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 00:26