We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red tag vacations

North Bay Ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Red tag vacations

Just found a great deal from Red tag Vacations (Brias Sierra Mar) Santiago De Cuba. Have never heard of Red Tag Vacations any one know anything about them??

Thanks, Gilly

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
618 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red tag vacations

Have used Red Tag 2 or 3 times. Only positive experiences..always responded when we had questions. I believe they are in Toronto.

I have used both the online and toll free numbers. I would use them again with no problems.

North Bay Ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red tag vacations

Thank you appreciate your reply. Agents here try to discourage us from booking with out of town companies.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
919 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red tag vacations

I`ve never used them but I did notice when booking this year`s trip that they always had some of the best prices. I`ve booked through both Expedia and Sell Off with no problems and would probably give Red Tag a try...Canadatravels also seems to be a good site for deals.

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red tag vacations

I have also used RedTag a few times...no problems.

North Bay Ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red tag vacations

Once again thanks to all for the replies leaning to giving them a try as they are quite a bit less than local agents. Have always been hesitant to book with out of town companies. Any one have any comments on booking on line or non local companies? Gilly

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red tag vacations

Hey Holberg

If your TA's in your town are trying to discourage you from booking outside, throw the price at them and see if they can match it. If they can then go with them, if not go elsewhere. Its your money right??

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red tag vacations

Your local agent in town may match the price as Bergerman said. I would go that route first but failing that....Redtag is very good and we have used them too with no worries. We booked our New Years trip with them and they matched the price I found on line through travelmix.ca and gave us the cheapest rate anywhere.

The reason we never booked with our local agent this time was because we were using Holasun as the tour operator and our agent said they don't ever book them because they said Holasun is not covered by TICCO. Redtag is covered by TICCO and they said we would also be covered by booking with them.

North Bay Ontario
Level Contributor
462 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red tag vacations

Well after some haggling with my local TA they were able to come fairly close to Red Tag with in $50.00 Poor people say they are only making enough money to cover the paper work. Any how I will book locally. Many thanks to all who responded to my Question it is greatly appreciated. Gilly

9. Re: Red tag vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 01:15