We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

Vancouver
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

Hi there,

I'm planning to travel to Cuba next year and was wondering if I need a Visa to enter Cuba (I'm a permanent resident of Canada but not a citizen yet). Appreciate anybody's info that you can provide.

Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

Hola

Don't know if this will help, Check out the link

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Permanent_Residen…

Cheers

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

It depends... What is your citizenship? The entree to any country depends on your citizenship, not your residency.

And as long as you have your permanent resident card with you when you come back, you should not have any problem entering Canada.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

As Gengen says it will likely depend on your citizenship.

I'm a permanent resident of Canada and travel to Cuba on a British passport, I just fill out the Cuban tourist card like everyone else. The only time I ever had a problem was with a brand new Immigration official in Cuba who couldn't seem to grasp the concept that my "country of birth, country of residence and citizenship" on the tourist card didn't all match, he kept looking at my passport and asking "Residencia?!" and I kept saying "Canada!". He finally checked with a colleague and that was the end of the issue.

Since then whenever I step up to the Cuban Immigration booth I always hand them my Permanent Resident Card along with my British passport to avoid confusing someone again.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

Hi,

I'm a citizen from the Philippines. Appreciate everyone's response and help on this...

Thanks.

5. Re: Canadian Permanent Resident travelling to Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 01:19