We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Cuba end of January to mid-February?

canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Cuba end of January to mid-February?

Looking to book a trip either at the end of January or mid-February (Cayo Coco being an option). The travel agent has advised against January since the weather can be hit or miss. So is it any better in mid-February. Thanks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Cuba end of January to mid-February?

February and even March can be hit & miss. Certainly colder nights in those winter months.

Personally been in Feb/March before and will never go again then.......but I love extreme heat....

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Cuba end of January to mid-February?

It really depends on what you like when it comes to the weather. I have been twice at new years and it was cool and windy both times. I was also there in april once and it was hot,dry and no wind - just the way i like it! If you are looking for extreme heat wait till april and may but if you don't mind a cooler day or a breeze then go, even in jan. You can never really perdict the weather it can fool you at any time.

cardiff UK
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Cuba end of January to mid-February?

we are going mid March and looking at previous years weather reports on Wonderground which lets face it, is all we have to go on and it looks to be in the top eighties as a high then. So try and wait another month if you can

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Cuba end of January to mid-February?

Hi

Cuba is situated in the northern Hemisphere, so it is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. The bonus being that it is in the tropics. The island is situated with the gulf to the west the Caribean Sea to the south and the Atlantic to the east. The Gulf Stream flows out of the gulf past the northern shore of Cuba and then nothward past Florida and up toward the UK. This is why the sea water remains very warm.

The average temperature in the winter (quarter) is an average high of 26 degrees and low of 20 degrees celcius. Now depending on location in Cuba this may vary by a degree or two.

The evenings can be cool and could require some extra clothing (sweater etc.) but the sunshine during the day can still give you a severe burn without protection.

I live near T.O. where the average daily high and low for the winter quarter is below 0 degres celcius, which does not reflect the national average.

Just my observations and ramblings

Enjoy your vacation