We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

Montreal
3 posts
Save Topic
Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

My g/f is a teacher so we are stuck with the first week of March for our winter vacation.

We live in Montreal and want to go to Cuba or Punta cana... but right now prices are about $500 more for that week than usual.

My question is... if I wait until the week before, is there any possibilities of a good last minute deal?

----- A deal for us would be ... around $1000 - $1100 for a 4 star in Cuba or PC - leaving from Montreal -------

We have found better deals... if we leave from Toronto (4-1/2 hrs away) we can save about $600 for exact same resorts, exact same flight... but we'd have to book now... i am wondering if I wait 3 more weeks, maybe I will find a good last minute deal leaving from Montreal and not have to drive the 9 hrs there and back!

My g/f will kill me if I wait til the last min and everything is booked!!

Thanks for your help!

ottawa
Level Contributor
310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

check out of ottawa

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

Yes, check outta Ottawa. There are several decent prices, less than a grand for most anywhere in Cuba for the week you are looking for. Have a look at this. All taxes included in these prices:

…tripcentral.ca/txpacktrip/…

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

If you find a price you can live with - book it!!! That will be a busy week and more expensive if it's March Break - if you can get a cheaper price from Ottawa - all the better. By waiting you are running the risk that the plane will be full - not the resort!!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

From what I have seen of the pricing this year it seems the best deals are about 3 to 4 weeks before departure.Then they tend to go up.Find a number you can live with and buy it then even a few hours can make a big difference.

Rester5

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

Thanks guys... we had looked at Ottawa as she has friends there and we could park and get a lift to the airport, etc... but prices still start around $1200 and quickly jump up to the 13's and 14's (which is mad for Cuba) lol

We want to go to Varadero so we can spend a day in Havana...

We had checked Tripcentral.... and if you click down on that link, you will see that there is nothing really under $1200

…tripcentral.ca/txpacktrip/…

But there one place in that link for Barcelo Marina Palace in varadero that we might consider. It is $1200 each... but again $989 if we leave from Toronto... over $400 difference (for two).

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

Very good point... didn't take into consideration that the plane could fill up!

Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

And you could possibly lose the resort you want. As has been mentioned if you see something that fits your budget and you can live with book it and don't check back.

Chers

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

As previous posters have said.. if you see a price you can live with, just take it. Prices are higher all around. Last minute deals seem to be mostly a thing of the past as booking months ahead seems to the be the cheapest route. I read that due to the economy they try to fill their planes ahead of time, and a lot of companies have cut back how many flights they are sending. I wouldn't wait too much longer to be honest. I watch the prices daily and haven't seen anything significantly lower.

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

PS. You can check out Ottawa, but in my experience Montreal is usually cheaper. I've flown out of Montreal twice, which is a 5 hour drive for me. LOL. I know it could be less in ottawa due ot the March Break differing in Quebec vs. Ontario, but I really can't see it..

10. Re: Are there still last min deals for spring break or book now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 05:20