We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pico Turquino

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pico Turquino

I am thinking of doing the trip Bayamo - Villa Santo Domingo - Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra - Pico Turquino - Santiago (de Cuba).

How much would it cost me in total, i.e. taxis, guide(s), entrance fee, overnight stay in VSD and GPNSM etc?

london
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pico Turquino

hi!

i am headed to cuba for two weeks (nov 23 till dec 8), i want to stay at a hotel with a nice beach, but i want to go to Pico Turqino and climb it some of the days. if i were to stay at another beach/ hotel- how can i book this as an excursion? i was thinking Cayo Santa Maria or Trinidad (cienfuegos). if we rent a car, can we just go there or?

HELP!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pico Turquino

I would recommend Trinidad. Nice beaches a few miles by the coast. You can hire a bike and cycle there for a day. Also you can go for a day trip to Topes Collantes, booked with a guide at the local tourist information office. You get to walk around wildlife in the mountains and swim in the lake.

If you want Pico Turquino, that would require 2-3 days. I managed it in two days, omitting the guerrilla camp, going up the north side and down the south. You can get there from Trinidad, either by car or Viazul coach. Would take about 3-4 hours.

Start the Sierra Maestra early in the morning.

Buena suerta!

The Great White...
Level Contributor
993 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pico Turquino

If you want to go to Pico Turquino then Bayamo, Manzanillo or a resort called Farallon or Maria del Portillo is much closer than Trinidad. You can see Pico Turquino in the distance when you leave Manzanillo airport.

4. Re: Pico Turquino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 01:20