We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Gov't. sanctioned trip?

chicago
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
US Gov't. sanctioned trip?

I've been gathering information from several companies that have received the OK to sponsor trips to Cuba for US citizens. They include Insight Cuba, Vantage World Travel, Elder Treks, AHI International and Distant Horizons. is anyone familiar or possibly taken trips with these companies? Do they allow you to see the actual Cuba? Are their costs reasonable? Thanks.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: US Gov't. sanctioned trip?

LSCats

Oh my gosh , you rally need to read thru your links before you go all off about them !

Click on your cheap Cuba tour for $1449.00 and it will open another window for you that very clearly states what services are included and which are not . Airfare is very plainly posted in the section of services NOT provided. If you read a little further it will also give you the prices of airfare from different locations Miami , Cancun and Toronto.

The flight in June from Toronto which includes the taxes and tourist visa ( which by the way there is no charge for ) is $859.16 Cnd for flight only !!!!!

For your $1449 US I can get an awful lot of meals and guided tours in every major city in Cuba plus all the entertainment of any kind to go with it.

Trust me I CAN read.

LENNY

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: US Gov't. sanctioned trip?

The government-sanctioned tours out of the US run in the $2500-$3500 range for a week, including air, But you can get a week with air and a hotel out of Toronto or Montreal for between $500 and $800. The Obama administration doesn't care about personal travel to Cuba, but make sure that both the Cubans and the Canadian passport rep at the Canadian airport don't stamp your passport.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,607 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: US Gov't. sanctioned trip?

The OFAC sanctioned tours can cost a lot more than $3,500/week and the extra stamp in the US Passport (whether entering from Canada or Mexico) is immaterial.

Cheers,

Terry

34. Re: US Gov't. sanctioned trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:15