We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cubana /havana

quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cubana /havana

Another flight to montreal on that horrible Avion Express.Cubana is joining the cuban suicide mission,flying lithuanian Kola Loca fleet.But what is the alternative? An expidition through Toronto terminals or Vardero?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cubana /havana

What did you not like about the flight?

quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cubana /havana

tight seatiing no entertainment, noise, refurbishment (done at mirabel) depressing, Crew is cuban and OK but clearly embarassed to be flying that clunker! delay leaving was only minorthe toilet was not really blocked just seemed that way because the flush activation was somewhat defective and needed TLC

food etc was much better on TACA

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cubana /havana

I flew Cubana/Avion out of Toronto in February. No complaints here.

The refurb was very nice. The thinner seat structure actually appears to provide more room.

I found the noise level to me no more than any A320.

The Cuban crew is far superior to the gang that ran the Flair Airlines flights.

Would you have preferred they took off on time with a toilet that really did not work?

Do you really need entertainment on a flight to Cuba?

I do not want to discount your upset but ....

quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cubana /havana

they have 3 planes.not identical.we encountered problem in havana when it took many hours to obtain relacement flight and cubana did not advise anyone not even airport of the change in schedule...i can well believe that flair was worse, but TACA was much better.

5. Re: Cubana /havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 12:55
quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cubana /havana

yes saw them once, dragging into the havana hotel at 6;oo AM also sunwing has a problem landing Mtl after midnight , their planes have been deemed too noisy and are diverted to other aieports no fun!

Vilnius
Level Contributor
539 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cubana /havana

What's wrong with Lithuanian aircraft?

quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cubana /havana

avion express just fine for anyone that enjoys riding in a havana almendron.

1951 was a great year for chevys and cubans are master crafts men with Cola Loca

quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cubana /havana

update to cubana /avion flights,

flight Varadero/Montreal left 8 hours late sunday 1 april,,APRIL FOOL.

10. Re: Cubana /havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:16