We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

What kind of music do they play at La Jungla disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia?

Mu husband and I are bigs fan of Salsa, Merengue and Reggaeton music and we wanted to know if they play this type of music a lot at the La Jungla Disco.

Jackie

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

Anyone? Bump....

barrie
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

The music at la jungla is reggaeton and salsa. The music is really loud for such a small place but there it is always a blast.

My favorite is the outdoor dance place called Rumbos. There is something magical dancing salsa in the night outside. But beware, some of the local ladies as beautful as they are, hang out at Rumbos to attract the male tourist, they are usually working if you know what I mean. Still when you say that a man is with you, you will not be harrassed.

Toronto
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

You would LOVE it J :) SO fun!! :)

However in the summer it's not open all the time! Go during high season and you will have a blast!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

Mar Verde has a show they put on at around 12:30am ..... then there is dancing and music after. Awesome music!!!

oshawa, on
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

Hey.. Im going away to gran club tomorrow afternoon for a week and i love to dance..i love reggeaton as well.im 19 and not traveling with family im a little worried about the locals..

should i be worried or jus carefull?

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

I recently read that someone just came back for the Gran Club and the disco wasn't open...

Do you think it will be open next week?

Thessalon, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

The Jungle disco had just opened when we were there. I think it opened Nov 5. We left on the sixth so we missed it. Also the Cave had just opened as well but it had been raining so not much was happening The Cave is located between the Caracol and The Gran.

oshawa, on
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

I hope that it stays open im afraid it might be closed due to the storm ..hopefully ill be able to experience it

Shelburne
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

The disco at the hotel is open. We were there last week and went on the Mon and the Wed PM, not alot of people but loads of fun. The entertainment staff has to pay to go in ( 5 pesos) so we paid for them and had a blast. The disco between the hotels is also open, if you are friendly with the staff they will come with you and you will have no issues with the locals

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,167 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Music at Jungla Disco at Gran Club Santa Lucia

The staff have to pay??? Either it's really new, either it's a scam... I tend to say it's the second option and someone is putting the money in its pocket...

The staff of other hotels never had to pay to enter the Jungla as long as they bring tourists with them. And of course, tourist or not, it has always been free for the staff of the Gran Club.