We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

toronto,on
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

can you walk down the beach for miles and what is the resort are both side is it near the oasis

is the a 110 outlet plug in thisCaracol-Hoteles C resort to charge my camera

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

Unless your camera is really old, your camera most likely is "dual voltage". Check the charger, if it says 110 ~ 220 v that means you can plug it directly into either one and it will work (my Kodak does and it is 5 years old). If not you might need an adapter, not sure about the Caracol resort.

The beach is about maybe 2 - 4 KM long, and the resorts are all one after another side by side with the Caracol second from the end beside the Mayanabo (end). It is also beside the Gran Club, and at the far end is the Oasis Brisas.

You can try emailing the resort for information on the electrical outlets in the rooms at the Caracol, or do a search here others have asked that and talked about that subject, I just don't recall the exact answer.

James AKA GOM

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

GOM is right on the money about the beach.

Caracol does have 220 outlets in the bathroom and in the sitting room. You can use these with an adapter or as GOM said with most cameras the charger will automatically convert to 220. However a little trick to note is that the fridge is plugged into a 110 so if you unplug that you can use it OR you can use the second plug under the desk where the TV is plugged into.

Hope this helps!

toronto
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

a reaglur plug like in canada

Kitchener
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

Welcome home, Cubafanatic...

Our room at Caracol ( #403 ) had a 220 volt sticker on the fridge outlet as well as a 220 volt sticker on the T.V. outlet. Both of these plates had round hole/spade hole combinations to enable for example a camera recharger with spade prongs or a european round prong plug. Also third ground hole for either grounded plug.

Ray

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

Hey Ray!

Thanks we are home - wish we could have stayed. Wednesday and Thursday were the nicest days weather wize of the trip. Boomboom got out the one morning on the board but I think he was getting tired towards the end of the trip, that and he was dancing up a storm every night (late) at the show!

Our room had no tags on the outlets by the fridge and the TV. They were the spade ones and I have a charger that converts so I wasn't too worried about it. Bear figured they were 110 because of the spade prong holes.

Talk to ya soon!

6. Re: Santa Lucia (Camaguey) Caracol-Hoteles C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:17