We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival in Santiago De Cuba

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carnival in Santiago De Cuba

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the dates for the carnival in Santiago de Cuba for 2012?

Also do the hotels have an minimum night stay in Santiago de Cuba while the carnival is on? I was thinking of staying for 3 nights? I dont have much time in Cuba but wont to check out the carnival.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival in Santiago De Cuba

Around the end of July. The revolution began July 26,1953 with the attack on the Moncado barracks. It was planned for a Sunday morning at 6 am believing the soldiers would all stil be hungover and in bed following Saturday night partying. The last Saturday in July might be the highlight. The carnival celebrates the end of the sugar harvest.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival in Santiago De Cuba

hi there - i have spent many great times at Carnival !!!! July 22 -29 would be grat dates for you ! Check out my review of Villa Gaviota - it is near to all the happenings, nice restaurant and not too $$$$.

cheers

london
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival in Santiago De Cuba

I'm told the carnival this year is between 19th July and 28th July,

4. Re: Carnival in Santiago De Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2013, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Cuba