We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana from Varadero

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
78 reviews
Tropicana from Varadero

Anyone done this lately? I've looked at the pricing on Tropicana's website, and it's very much American pricing. Yikers. We don't want to do the overnighter with Sunwing ($300+ pp). The other option is a 19 hour day at $140 (done that one before).

Has anyone booked through their hotel for a better price/shorter day?

10 replies to this topic
saskatoon
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

Cubatur . Ask about the 2 day tour to Havana and Vinales with the Tropicana show. This isn't advertised but is available. You overnight in Havana with the show and go on to Vinales the next day returning to Varadero about 10 pm. It is a full 2 days. Includes everything but the second day supper. When I booked it 2 years ago it cost me about $240-260. CAD single. Stayed at the Tryp Havana Libre in Havana.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

You could always try Tropicana Matanzas, its located at the entrance of Matanzas and next to its university, its about 40 minutes from Josone Park. Show is similar and its around 50$cuc.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

We've done the Matanzas show. It was a mere shadow of the real thing. I also think it's closed???

I'll talk to the Cubatur people.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,977 posts
123 reviews
4. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

I also heard that it was close in Matanzas ..

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

Matanzas has been closed for many months . Drove by last week it looks abandoned .

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

Sad to ear that, i was planning to go again next febuary.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,948 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

I would wait until you get there to see what's available, also waiting you could see what the weather is going to be (we had a rain delay when we went). Maybe you could check and see if you could go with the tour bus, do your own thing for the day, and meet up for the show, I know that would still be a long day, or just get a taxi, have him wait, and taxi back, or take the bus to Havana, (I think it leaves at 10am), browse around, stay overnight in a casa, see the show, return next day.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,948 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

I was wrong about the Viazul bus departure time, schedule attached,

https://www.viazul.com/

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
9. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

Hello..

there is an excursion that costs 105cuc that you can buy once you are in Cuba, they pick you up at noon , take you to do a city tour to old Havana and after take you to Tropicana where you will have dinner at Tropicana and then enjoy the show. It is not everyday, only twice a week sometimes, (thursdays or saturdays)

If you need more info.. here I am.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
78 reviews
10. Re: Tropicana from Varadero

$105 CUC is probably the $140 tour.

We didn't end up going to Tropicana. Next time, maybe, when we have a longer stay. We only had 5 actual days there. :o/

Reply to: Tropicana from Varadero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted