We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

I went to the theweathernetwork.com to see if i could see the long range forecast for varadero and it only shows 5 days in advance. I know here in Canada they give us the long range forecast for 14 days.

Is there a website that has the long range forcast for varadero more than 5 days at a time ?

Any help would be nice, i do know it will be a lot nicer there in Cuba than here in Toronto at pretty much any given time lol :)

I have convinced the wife to go on the catamaran trip but would like to see the weather/wind forecasts ahead of time so i can try and book the trip on a sunny calmer day as she hates being on a boat at any time.

Thank you,

Hockey Nut..

Bathurst New...
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Hi Hockey Nut...try Accuweather.com gives you a 15 day forecast!

windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Also, weather.com gives 10 day forecast or month.

Toronto
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Hey HockeyNut...When and where are you staying? I'm scared silly of boats too and my friend plans to drag me on the thing anyway..maybe your wife and I can be nervous nellies together? I hate being the only wearing a lifevest but I will be.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Hate to say it but there is usually a nice breeze in Varadero but don't worry the catamaran's are quite big. You will be very comfortable.

Have a great holiday!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

OMG, even here at home the forecast's are really not accurate more than 3 to 5 days in advance. If you ask what the weather is like 2 weeks from now, you'd have just as much success as using a crystal ball.

Spring is the really nice season in Cuba and the weather is pretty darn stable most of the time. Pay your money, take your chances and simple odds are that you will have nice weather.

Or as the politicians would say, accurate 19 times out of 20 to within 3 percentage points. LOL!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Hi Happy feet,

We are staying at the Coralia Club Playa De Oro.

We leave Toronto on April 8th in the PM and will be there until the 15th.

Enjoy your trip as well.

Hockey Nut..

Ontatio
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

Try weather2u.com it gives 300 weather forecast.I would book catameran trip in Varadero in your Hotel

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

For the weather in Varadero you can go to:

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=CAC|CU|CU011|VARADERO|&metric=1

to get a 15 day forecast, or:

weather.com/outlook/…

To get a 10 day forecast, or a second opinion (LOL),

But remember that 'scattered thunderstorms' means just that, you may not see one all day, you may have a ten-minute one, you may have a heavy one for a while.

The closest city you can get averages for is Havana, 150 or so kilometers away, but for averages it should be OK. You can see them here:

weather.com/outlook/…

and you should be able to get the weather for anywhere in Cuba from the above sites.

Here is a website with general info on Cuba, (thanks to Mardi) which has averages for all months:

http://www.gocuba.ca/en/generalinfo.asp

9. Re: Varadero Long Range Weather Forecast ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 13:18