We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Season in Cuba

ireland
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy Season in Cuba

About to book a holiday for 16th for 25th to Havana and Varadero and I have just checked the weather forecast... Is it very wet for long mid Oct in rainy season?

Thanks!!

Woz
Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy Season in Cuba

I'm going in October and have been told it rains every day but only for like 10-30 minutes and then it clears up again. I wouldn't worry about it.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy Season in Cuba

October is not rainy season. But hopefully it does become because we are going through an extreme drought lately and our water reservoirs need rain desperately.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy Season in Cuba

Hola

Rainy season is generally from May to October .

One chart I saw showed that the amount of rain and rainy days dropped by half from October to November but think things ahve shifted a bit as November seems to get it's share of rainy days now

But ... Unless there is a major disturbance (TS, TD or Hurricane) the rains usually last only briefly and then move on.

I have posted this numerous time and with the hourly time lapse you can see what Isolated and scattered showers means

www.met.inf.cu/asp/genesis.asp…

Mardi

4. Re: Rainy Season in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 00:19