We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

south western...
Level Contributor
988 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

Where are the best (quietest, biggest, nicest view) rooms in this hotel? It is now Allegro Varadero, formerly called the Oasis Varadero 1920?

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

Hi : we stayed there 2 years ago and had a great ocean view room #6116.It is a ground floor room with a great view of the beach .It is in one of the 3 story buildings in what was known as the "Italian "section when it was called Oasis 1920.It is about a 3 minute walk to the main part of the resort.There is a pool /bar right outside your door .

Hope this helps. Any more Q's

south western...
Level Contributor
988 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

I asked a reviewer and she was kind enough to PM me and suggest the Cayo Largo building. Is that where you stayed? Or perhaps the names have changed now that it's changed owners.

Is it possible to walk to Varadero town from the resort?

And last but not least, where can I get one of those fabulous Spanish coffees?

Thanks for your help - very much appreciated.

montreal
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

Its a long walk to Varadero i would not do it as by taxi its about 10 minutes .

As for those fabulous Spanish coffees you can get them at the Piano Bar .

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

Have you found out if that section is still called the Cayo Largo or if it has changed?

south western...
Level Contributor
988 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

I assume that's the most recent name, but I don't really know.

montreal
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

cinderella50 The best view we had at this resort was at the main building as we had once the fourth floor and another time the third facing the ocean .

Second time we went there they give us one on the buildings a bit further from the main one and we asked if they could find us a place at the main one and they did that 2 days later as we were also close to everything ..

south western...
Level Contributor
988 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

Thanks gat0 - so the main building is better? That may be all that's open anyway - but one poster mentioned moving from the main over to what she called the Cayo Largo buiding and she was happier with the rooms there. Doesn't really matter to me where, but I would like a quiet room (far from the disco) and a nice view would be wonderful.

montreal
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

Depends on the taste of each but to me no question the main building and also because you are hight which will give you a better view of the grounds of the resort .

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

I was wondering if by any chance you have the allegro varadero's e-mail address and a map of the resort, since you have been there before.

Edited: 06 February 2010, 07:05
10. Re: allegro varadero (oasis varadero 1920)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 00:15