We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

London, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Topic
Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

I emailed Sunwing on Jan 17 to inquire about changing our reservation - avoiding Augas Azules and going somewhere else. I received a reply that my inquiry was in "priority sequence" and I should receive a reply within 48 hours.

Today is January 25th. I got a reply today. it said to call a travel agent.

We leave in 8 hours for the airport. LOL

Thanks, Sunwing. You ROCK!!

LMAO

Aguas Azules it is, and with a good attitude. Hey, it's warmer than here

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Agree Sunwing sucks big time. My spouse and I (in out 50's) were sent to the Princess Bavaro in Punta Cana where our cash and credit card and ID were stolen from a SDB with a key. We got there on Sunday and we realized our things were stolen onTuesday. We got hassled in the Hotel, no one stepped forward to assist us and made out we were the criminals not the victims. Sunwing has written to out travel agent, did not write to us to inform us we should have has insurance?, Insurance does not cover theft of personal items. We intend to write to Rima Awasthi Coordinator Customer relations and her boss because this is not going away just like that. Travel agents and Sunwing does not give a damn to customers when we go to these places they suggest. Don't go to the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana, it's rated a 5 but it's a 2 and this is based on the food, smell, room and the people!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,131 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Gosh but I love Fridays!

Seriously, I struggling to understand why you would dig up a post that is a year old, to write about your experience in another country.

Am I missing something?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Can't say that I had a problem flying with them other than when returning from Cuba, their Elite package is worth nothing at the airport.

There is no Sunwing VIP Booth or line.

This time around I will take the VIP Lounge.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
18,073 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

I do not understand how a post that is nearly a year old was not closed down after being inactive for more than 6 months.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,250 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Flew with Sunwing in Aug. Heard the horror stories. Had nothing but good things to say about them. Left on time, arrived early both ways. And I to wonder about this post

Cheers

Lively, Ontario
Level Contributor
154 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Just have to chime in on the local travel agent comments....a few years back when we were new to the travel game we went to a local agent with a resort, date, and budget in mind. We were booking about 4 months ahead for our family of 6 and had a budget of $12,000.00. Agent tells us we will NEVER get that resort for that amount at that time. So we started shopping on line, bought that resort, at that time, through the the Last Minute Club (seasoned traveller told me about it). Best news....only paid $6800.00. We've been dealing with them or Air Canada Vacations directly ever since with no issues. Travel agent time to book vacation equals maybe thirty minutes....not worth $5200 of our hard earned $$$ IMHO.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Fying with sunwing again this trip.

I'm sure it will be fine......

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Andrew I'm sure you will be fine too , by the way in their info Sunwing tells you that their Elite boarding privilages are at Canadian airports only.

I am also curious as to how this post survived the 6 month rule ??

LENNY

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,131 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

"I am also curious as to how this post survived the 6 month rule ??"

The rules were modified and most threads are now open for 12 months. However, all threads don’t seem to yet be updated to correspond with that change.

I think that only platinum members get notified of updates. LOL

Edited: 20 January 2012, 21:16
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Sunwing Customer Service... SUCKS. lol

Sooooo... I take it that these posts.... do take up memory ... somewhere...

Am I wrong???????