We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing and Baggage Charge

Windsor
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Sunwing and Baggage Charge

I was wondering if Sunwing Airlines charges the 25$ per bag, like most airlines now do.

Thank you

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

No they dont, You are allowed 1 bag only, no charge.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

Here you go.

flysunwing.com/travelinfo/…BaggageAllowance

Cheers

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

Just watch the weight of your luggage, it really does help purchasing a travel scale, they save allot of grief, are small, light weight and fit it your purse.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,279 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

ddcuba; Your information in post #1 may be misleading. Sunwing allows 20 kg of checked baggage included in the cost of the ticket. That CAN be two cases (not one) recognizing that the total combined weight for both cases must not exceed 20 kg, so it may be more efficient to bring only one bag.

Charges for excess baggage are $20. per kg for anything over 20 kg so as sweetmystery wrote ... pack carefully & get a set of lightweight luggage scales to take with you.

The link that Bergerman posted gives lots of details about Sunwing's baggage policy.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

You are right Mad.. Thank You for clearing that up!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

When you say 20 kgs, I think that only applies to checked luggage does it not? If I'm not mistaken we usually check one bag each at 20 kg and carry on can be additional 5kg or am I mistaken in that? Reason that I ask is they sometimes try, in Varadero departures, to weigh both at the same time and I always wondered if they were trying to screw us or just save time but weighing both and looking for 25kgs.

Edited: 28 November 2011, 10:52
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

Yes 20 KG is only for checked luggage, The 20kg does not include your carry on weight.

Edited: 28 November 2011, 10:53
Windsor
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

Thank you everyone... All of your replies have been very helpful!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

Carry on is an additional 5 Kg and don't forget your purse (man purse too), heck if worst gets to worst, use your pockets and put on extra clothes, not like you can't do a strip on the aircraft while providing cheap entertainment.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing and Baggage Charge

I have read that when you are in departures at the airline counter keep you luggage scale visible by hanging on to it so they know that you have one, history of charging for overweight bags when they just may not be.....the scale scares them off..If you do get charged ask for a paid receipt.