We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

nova scotia
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

Has anyone done one of these lately? Was it an all day or an overnight? Thanks

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

It would be looong day trip ,you could arrange for an overnight trip.You can take the bus and book your own room or check with your tour rep at your hotel .

Edited: 04 March 2012, 08:50
nova scotia
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

Thanks, I was sort of thinking that that would be the way I would have to do it. If anyone has any sugestions on how to make this possible my ears are waiting. Lol. Would like to stop at the Che monument in Santa Clara, explore Cienfuegos and of course Trinidad. Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

Maybe you should consider a 2 day trip .........

London ON.
Level Contributor
311 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

Cubagalandguy -

We did the tour two years ago from Varadero; we booked it through our Sunwing rep at the hotel. Yes, it was a loooong day, but we loved seeing the countryside without having to concentrate on our driving (no offence to latino drivers, but with that and given the fact that GPS use is forbidden...it seemed easier to have someone else drive, because if there's a barrio, 'hood, or other sketchy area, we'll find it....not just in Cuba, but in any other country too!). The tour stopped in both Cienfuegos and Trinidad. We enjoyed it all, had a little nap on the bus on the way home, and were good to go for the evening.

Have fun.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

We just did the Three Cities tour in January (Cienfuegos, Trinidad, and Santa Clara) and I'm glad we did it although it was a very long day spent mostly on the bus. We were picked up from the Blau @ 6:30am and we were back at about 9:30pm. We spent about 1/2 an hour in Cienfuegos at a little square in the middle of town so that was about all we got to see. From there we went to Trinidad where we had lunch and had a walking tour of the town for about 2 hours. Then it was on to Santa Clara where we got to see the Che memorial and museum and also the sight of the train derailment. You really do spend about three quarters of the day on the bus so for some people it's not appealing or worth it but personally, I'm glad that we did it. I wanted to see these places with my own eyes and capture them with my own camera (I love photography). I believe that there is also an overnight excursion to Trinidad as well....you can check with your tour operator at your hotel. If you have any more specific questions about the tour, please let me know. Have a great trip=)

Edited: 05 March 2012, 14:43
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

One of the best day trips we have taken in Cuba, it is a long day but worth it. Not only do you get to see some really beautiful cities in Cuba but the countryside is stunning. Enjoy!

ontario
Level Contributor
864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

I stayed In Cienfuegos for a week! Beautiful area, very cheap also... maybe consider a separate vacation to that area!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,405 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

Totally agree with Post 6. One one the best excursions we've ever been on. Loved the city and its history. It was definetly a looong day but well worth the effort. We did it from Varadero. Recommend it highly.

Cheers

9. Re: Varadero to Trinidad bus tour..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:42