We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

Hamilton, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Topic
Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

I checked on Toronto Pearson airport website to see if my flight is schedule in and it is but it says its going to Camaguey and not Varadero? I am slightly worried here because on booking information it says direct flight from Toronto to Varadero. I even called sunwing and asked them and they said yes it is a direct flight to Varadero. I wonder why Toronto Pearson airport would have it up as Camaguey? Isn't Camaguey and Varadero so far from eachother? Can anyone help me out here?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

Quite far.. What's the flight #?

Hamilton, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

flight # is 610 We leave tomorrow (July 11) at 4pm

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

It must be a typo on the GTAA site as I just looked on the Sunwing site and it shows Varadero..

Check it out..

http://www.sunwing.ca/arrdepinfo.asp

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

You're right. Flight WG610 is scheduled to go to Camaguey according to the Pearson departures schedule.

If I were to take a guess then I would say that the flight will land in Camaguey first and then Varadero after that. Sunwing pulls this kind of thing frequently. The old "don't tell them about the extra stop" game.

Flights to Camaguey are scheduled for Wednesdays at 4pm so that is what it looks like to me. Sunwing is not known for their customer service. Next time spend a bit more and fly with AC.

EDIT...Actually from what I gather now, that flight is scheduled to land in Varadero at 7:30 pm and Camaguey at 9:30 pm. Looks like you are going direct after all and the plane heads to Camaguey after Varadero.

Edited: 11 July 2012, 01:25
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

Actually if you were to check the Sunwing site for a booking to Varadero next Wednesday, you will find that it indicates that it goes to Varadero via Santa Lucia (Camaguey). This flight was also in place in May. So Sunwing is not trying to deceive anyone, you just have to fully look at the booking info. And by definition it is still a Direct flight.

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

Direct does not mean NON STOP?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

No senor_radar .... Nonstop flight means, not stopping on the way , but direct flight makes stops along the way . Often passengers on direct flight remain seated on the plane, while others exit and new ones board.

Best way to know, when booking (and if doubt) , check the flying time. Usually from TO, means 3.5 hrs . If more than 4 hrs, it will stop on the way .

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

Sorry, I meant to punctuate with an "!" not a "?"

Direct does not mean NON STOP!!

Hamilton, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

Thank you all so much, it makes sense! I was just a little worried.

10. Re: Flight says going to Camaguey Airport and not Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 00:46