We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond club @ Memories

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Diamond club @ Memories

Hi does anyone know what you get for an upgrade to Diamond now the hotel has changed hands & also if it's worth the money? Thanks.

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Bump. I'd like to know this also. Going with kids and leaning towards not upgrading but would like opinions from those who have been

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Diamond Club Inclusions

All Diamond Club room categories offer the same amenities as the reciprocal category with DIAMOND CLUB inclusions as follows:

• Exclusive access to Diamond Club A-La-Carte Restaurant - “Gourmet” French Restaurant

• Personalized Check-in/ Check-out

• Distinctive Wrist Bracelet

• Early Check-in (subject to availability)

• Late Check-out (subject to availability)

• Exclusive Beach Area

• Butler Service on Beach

• Concierge Service

• Private Access to Diamond VIP Lounge

• Luxury Amenities in room

• Beach Towels in Room

• Luxury Turndown Service

• Bathrobes in Room

• Special Daily Food & Beverage Amenities (available in lounge)

• Selected Premium Drinks Menu (available at Lobby Bar/some restrictions apply)

• 10% Discount on Spa Treatments

• Guaranteed 4 A la Carte reservations

• Exclusive area in main buffet

I feel it was worth what I paid.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Hi Eltor, thanks for the reply, how long ago was your visit & what do you think to the recent reviews, i'm getting quite worried.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

The last reviews have to admit are bad and i see why people are compaining as some of the staff at the resort just don't give a dam about there jobs tourists and co workers .

I have been to this resort 4 times in the past 5 years and the problems people are having are the same as the first time i went as you can change the name of the resort the Directors anybody you want but the ones they should change are workers as some of them have this atttitude like the resort belongs to them and are the reason why this resort is in a mess which is a shame as this could be a good resort ...

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

In your opinion, do you yhink we should cancel?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Hi warry, I went just after the change over of management in May, While there were some problems, in the most part things were ok for me, after over 30 trips to the Caribbean I have yet to find a hotel that I could call perfect, but I go with the flow and I certainly will not sweat the small stuff. I agree with gato, this hotel has good potential, but it takes time to catch up once things have been let go. If you read the reviews before July 25 its a total different picture. I will return, probably next year.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Warry now your putting me on a spot as how about you tell me what you are looking for and expecting from in this resort .....

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Hi, the resort, on paper, is offering what we want, large, plenty of a la cartes, quiet & lively pools, swim up bar, the beach if we want it, not too far from the airport. I know the food & service in Cuba is not as good as Mexico, i don't expect it to be, it's just the recent reviews. I can see the management are trying & we've always found the Cubans really nice, sometimes it's how you treat them.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Well lets just say i think you will be ok as it seems your not expecting to get what you had in Mexico and thats a good start as thats the first mistake people make when they compare both as you just can't do this ..

Look i would give them a chance as you say you treat them with respect and most Cubans will give you back the same and if you don't like the resort you can always talk to your rep and im sure they will help you out and maybe find another one as you have the Iberostar Laguna Azul just beside this one

As for restaurants the a la carte are not bad at all and for lunch you can always go to the small buffet they have close to the beach as they have a cook working at the grill cooking burgers and fish but don't be in a hurry as these people are slow as i wonder how they manage when on high season .

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Diamond club @ Memories

Thanks, i think we will carry on & go, i like Cuba, not been to the Varadero side for 10 years, we went to Guardalavaca last Oct, it was good but not as good as Mexico.