We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

Hi all TA. Got back Dec 12 from Be Live Turquesa---5th time in a row from same resort. The staff is always excellent, always remember our names ( group of 10 ). Get treated wonderful, invited to waitress' and staff's homes for meals and visit. It's is fantastic to get there every year for 2 weeks, but sad when we have to leave. There is always a BIG party with the staff, the night before we leave. We adore this little resort. The new owners have been making renovations, new beds, painting, new little restaurant / snack bar. Love the nightly entertainment.

This past trip we had 5 new ppl, never travelled to Cuba before, & they want to go back again next year.

Hope every one had a great time when you all went and to those that are going soon. HAVE A BLAST !!!!!

St Ctharines
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

No exactly how you feel. Have been staying at the Turquesa since 2002. Was there for a week in November and have just booked 15 days in April

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

Hi there, Looking at staying at this hotel in Feb. Have done quite a few of the different hotels along the beach but always nice to look at other spots. Question I have is how many a la carte restaurants are there at the hotel ? We do prefer to sit down and be waited on most dinners. The one book tells me there is 3 al a cartes and online doesn't really say. Another thing is room recommendations. I prefer ground floors knees not so good. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Glenn

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

Hi Glen at the resort there is a help yourself full restaurant. The waiters / waitress' bring the drinks to you--coffee, juice etc.

There is also a new snack bar / restaurant built last year close to the beach. In there is all salads, meats, they also cook burgers, fish, fries and anything else you may desire. Also on the resort is an italian rest, very very good. You start with self salad bar and the chefs cook for you from menue. Reservations are required.

Ground floor rooms are very nice--no stairs. I suggest rooms 473, 474, 475 etc. we stay there every year--prebook our rooms.

Any thing else let me know.

cheers

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

Great. thanks so much for all the info.

will be fun i know.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

"Ground floor rooms are very nice--no stairs. I suggest rooms 473, 474, 475 etc. we stay there every year--prebook our rooms."

altabill, how do you pre book rooms? Do you have an email address ? and do you find that you do in fact get the room you asked for or do you run into issues when you get there?

We are going back for second time to Turquesa end of March.

thanks

ottawa
Level Contributor
306 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

can you walk downtown from here.would it be a good place for single to relax. do not want the party hotels

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,219 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

Good place to relax, but a distance from town. You can take the bus 5CUC all day on and off.

Cheers

8. Re: Back from Varadero-Be Live Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 05:15