We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dialling a cuban cell phone

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Dialling a cuban cell phone

I'm very confused! I have searched the Cuba forum, but the resulting threads didn't really help. Can you?

I've been given our Rep's cell phone number, but how do I dial it from

(a) my UK cell phone while in Cuba, or

(b) our Cuban hotel's land line?

I have the full number, of course, but the code in front is: 0152,

ie 0152 - *** ***

Sorry to ask such a daft question...

Keswick, ON
Level Contributor
110 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dialling a cuban cell phone

Hey - I tried to call a Cuban cell when I was down there last time and it only worked from another Cuban cell. (Tried my cdn cell and from the hotel) Not sure why or how that works - they ended up having to call me at the hotel.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dialling a cuban cell phone

You can call the cell just by doing the last 6 digits.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dialling a cuban cell phone

It is all very complicated, isn't it.

Thanks for that info, Gengen, much appreciated. We'll see if it works! My i-phone is always tempremental in the States anyway, though Mr Batty's always works OK. But of course, this is Cuba, not the States.

Sorry you had trouble, kellyhb. I suppose we'll have to the same, if we do need to get hold of the Rep. Hopefully we won't need to at all, I just wanted to be prepared if anything arose. We have the office landline, so that will do.

Do forgive all my silly questions. We are new to Cuba, so everything seems like a lot to learn.

Thanks for your replies.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dialling a cuban cell phone

No problem. And don't worry to much, Cuba is not complicated, it's like most other countries: bring your own money, exchange for theirs, and enjoy the beach and sun!

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dialling a cuban cell phone

Thanks, Gengen, I'm turning off my "Worry" as of today! I have learned so much from all the info and advice on this forum - now it is time to relax and enjoy it, or it will be when we arrive there tomorrow :)

It was such a long time ago when we booked this holiday (April 2012) that we've waited for it for so long - it is really exciting that now we are actually GOING!!!

6. Re: Dialling a cuban cell phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 02:15