We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Does anyone know where the beach is situated? Is it being shared with the resort Blau Varadero or is it private. does anyone have pics of the beach?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Sandals, if I'm not mistaken.. If you stay at this hotel you will have to cross over a bridge to get to the beach b/c the beach is not on your side of road but the opposite side(yes they built a mini bridge from melia grounds to get to the opposite side of the road.. Once on the beach You will basically be sharing with blau marina varadero (or right beside them) on the beach.

I was at blau marina two weeks ago. From what we saw, blau marina looks gorgeous. (Not very cuban ,but still nice)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Thanks Tia,

Did it look like there was a beach bar with umbrellas on the beach?

Did the beach look nice?

Does it look like the whole property will be open in the next few months, or do they have a lot more construction to do. I was thinking of going in April, but I am not a fan of 1/2 opened resorts with continuous construction going on around you.

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

THe construction will continue for more years until the entire Marina is completed.

The beach of the Marina Varadero is between Blau Marina Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

To be honest, I didn't walk far enough down the beach to see if there was a beach bar or not... However there are buildings right on the beach side .. So I'm not sure what they are planning to do with those..but it looked like small restaurants/buffets. If they have decided to connect the beach in this way, I'm sure they will have a beach bar close by for the patrons as a stroll across the bridge to get a drink would be crazy !

As particularcuba has mentioned construction will be a constant thing for years in this general area.. It looked like they were building a second hotel right beside melia, so that construction would be horrible for guests I assume (unless its an extension to the melia-which I doubt) b/c melia looked pretty much finished to me and we were told they were doing staff oreinetation one day we were at blau marina.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Is the Melia Marina located on the Marina property on Cardenas Bay or on the Varadero Beach? Is there a shuttle to the beach and which property provides the beach? The Blau Marina that's right across the road or the Paradisus that's up the road quite a ways from the Marina?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

The melia is not on the side of the beach, rather on the marina.. They have built a mini bridge for guest to walk over to the beach.. Will be a 5-10min walk give or take...where the bridge takes you is situated between blau and the other resort.. It was hard to tell which resort would be closer ...it took my friend and I a good 10-15min walk to what looked like the new area for the melia and we could see the other hotel in the distance.. We stayed at blau marina late July.

However looking at the melia from the front, it does appear closer to blau marina.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Did it look like it was going to be a decent size beach? Did you notice a beach bar grill being built?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

That's Cardenas Bay, the former oil terminal and Russian Fleet wharfs. There isn't a beach on that side. Just the dredged Marina and the inland channel and sewer system. Pretty much what you'd see at any city harbour here. Beach is way across and up the road to Paradisus and I'd guess the majority would try to use the Blau Marina (Barcelo ) beach that's about a mile long and right across the street.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Yes, it looks like a decent size beach, I would assume that people staying at the melia would encounter some people from blau marina, not a lot I would say.. B/c most people at blau usually stay close to the main building b/c that is were the beach bar is. However we all would be sharing the same stretch of beach..

Sorry, I didn't notice a beach grill or beach bar when walking up the beach.. We did notice some newer looking small "hut" like buildings (sorry for the vauge description) we didn't really pay it much mind.. But obviously this will be the area for melia individuals ..

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia Marina Varadero Beach

Hi, look on this web site:cubantouritcenters.com sorry it does not give description of the lay out of the beach.But it's got pictures of beach and a bigger picture of pool area hope this is some help.have a look at melia hotels for different types of rooms and costs.