We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

Augusta
Level Contributor
455 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

Ok so the Slave Museum at Kundra was AMAZING. I am not big on Museums or History, but this place rivaled anything I have ever seen. The collection was amazing. Priceless. They had stuff from 2000 BC, up to present day. Really a lot to think about. A lot to take in. Just a lot. So well done. Plus, we saw where the Gouveners restaurant was (We ate there later in the week).

Spent the afternoon on a beach.

Dinner at Sjetto. We had tried to eat at Tempo, but they had no tables outside, and we decided to try that another day.

What I learned.

All about Curacao and Slavery.

Make reservations.

All beaches in Curacao are amazing.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

So can we assume you won't be back to Curacao? The slave museum is at Kurahulanda. Maybe if you get your spelling right on places it will help future posters.

Maine
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

MartyinGA, I thought you did a great job with your 4 trip reports. You covered a lot, and given that you were expressing your opinions, it is unlikely that everyone would agree with all of them. For instance, overall, I do not find the food (restaurants or markets) to be appreciably more expensive. I liked that you had as your #1 advice “rent a car.” You are spot on there and my sense is not enough people rent one.

If I were prone to sarcasm, I would point out that if someone chooses to take issue with, and slam you for, your spelling of Kura Hulanda, they would be wise to get the spelling right themselves when doing do so. But, I am not prone to sarcasm so won’t make that point. Two words though, not one.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

If a visitor wanted to go to either place by cab, the driver might like to have the correct spelling or name of the place. Not trying to slam anyone.,

CA
Level Contributor
120 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

Ralphy, why are you so mean? The OP is giving their insight and who cares if their spelling is right. No one is perfect. I, for one, appreciate others' posts, and demeaning them is probably going to make them think twice before they post again with advice that might be helpful to someone

PA
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

I also appreciate the posts and trip report. I am just starting to research and find martyinga's post very interesting and informative. I can be sarcastic, but will pass for now. Please keep it coming marty.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

Ralphy, you own Marty an apology!

His report was favorable and positive about Curaçao. He was deeply impressed about its history and heritage. And most everyone who does just a little bit of discovery knows that the Slave Museum is located at the Kura Hulanda.

Your commentS were condensending and pompous.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

strange how you both comment 2 months later, his other reports, if you took the time to read them were good.

PA
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

Strange? I am just starting to research this destination, and I have read the reviews that I have come across thus far, haven't gotten that far into the older posts, and a couple were right up front. Just because they are a couple of months old, it's interesting? I am not understanding your attitude here, it comes across as argumentative.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

cecrn, not argumentive at all, just wanted to know if you read the other reports posted by marty, TR1 and TR 2 they were good.

New York
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Curacao TR3-Slave Museum and Sjetto

Everyone appears to be ganging up on ralphy57

Prior post by martyinGA ...Then you can wander about the gift shops, and clothing stores that sell cheap, overpricd merchandise to cruise ship passengers. :::Sigh:::: Yuck Cut hard left to the "floating market" and buy some produce. Ugly place, but yumm.Then you can wander about the gift shops, and clothing stores that sell cheap, overpricd merchandise to cruise ship passengers. :::Sigh:::: Yuck. We went to a local beach, but had a bad feeling about some of the locals that were watching us too closely. Paranoid? Perhaps, but we had been warned, and my wife was saying a bit too loudly "Where did you put the camara"? ugh! But at 6PM, the beach closed, and I mean CLOSED. Horns blew. We like to sit out until 7+, so this was a bummer. The road to the hotel, and the area in general is kind of ugly and 'oh my, why did I book a week here'. Although there were some positive remarks perhaps ralphy felt offened by these negatives remarks. The majority of these who are critizing have very limited post as opposed to the DE Destination Expert ralphy 57.