We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
fort worth
Level Contributor
205 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

Fellow Travellers

I am looking to stay at the Sunscape resort in Curacao from 12/17/12 to 12/21/12 by myself. I have been to their web site and saw where they offer Deluxe Garden view or Deluxe Ocean view for my stay there at $821.00 and $903.00 respectively.

From comments I've read most people like the Flamingo rooms.

I contacted them to ask and they said that the rooms available at those prices are in the Seagull, Pelican, Heron, and I believe she said Royal Towers.

My question is this; what are the most updated rooms, are they near the pools, and say on the 2nd or 3rd floor if applicable?

I don't mind to much loud noise aka: music (eventually it has to die down) but don't want to overlook construction, a dumpster, etc.

Any wing or room selections from any of you that have stayed there before? I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

jeff

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

Hi Jeff,

My husband & I stayed at Princess Beach resort 9/29 - 10/6/12. We stayed in the Flamingo on the 2nd floor with an ocean view and would stay there again.

It has it's own pool which we liked to get away from all of the children activity at the main pools. That being said, the Pelican bld was being total gutted while we were there. This building is right next to the Flamingo and has the same horseshoe set up. The Pelican also has it's own day bar/grill that was also being remodeled while we were there. We met a few people who were very unhappy with their rooms in the Royal Tower. The garden veiw rooms looked on the older side to me.

Hope this helps. Anne

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

Hi Anne,

Were you able to hear lots of noise from the construction while you were at the Flamingo area?

Was the day bar/grill still opened?

Thanks for your help!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

Hi Cori,

We did some noise but not alot, We were in the middle of the building (8207). I think that if you were on the left side you may have heard more, They seamed to work 8-5 though and you are usually not in your room at that time,

Regretfully, the bar/grill was closed. 1 day they had a small aux, bar by our poor but that was it. Unless you are going very soon, I would expect the Pelican to be finished,

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

My family is returning to Breezes (Sunscape now, right) for the third time and are wondering what rooms are currently available. Is the Pelican building ready for guests yet? How about the Flamingo - has it been renovated?

If anyone has just returned, how bad is the construction? Is it true that they no longer have snorkeling equipment?

Thank you in advance! We leave on Wednesday.

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
99 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

We to are headed here in December, 12th-18th. I have been wondering which building we should try and request. We did upgrade to the Ocean View room. Who do you contact to request a certain building? I was thinking aboout the Flamingo, but it must not be available as it is not even listed on the room choices. How is the Pelican? Are there a lot of children there since it is by the kids club? Where are the Seagull and Heron buildings located? We are early to bed/ early to rise type and don't think we want the Royal Tower. Any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

We are going to be there Nov 20-30.

I'll be writing a review when we get back.

In the past the my wife and I have enjoyed the top floor, pool side of the towers.

When it was Breezes, the activity was typically ended by 10:00-11:00 PM, and it was never very loud.

This time we are going to be staying on the other side of the property

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
99 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

I am looking forward to your review. Thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

We stayed in the Pelican two years ago and we loved it. We did have grandkids with us, but there were never a ton of kids around. It was almost like having a private pool for them at times. It was very quiet there in the evening.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

What is the updated contact information for Sunscape? I have accomodation requests for our booking in January. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodations at Sunscape/Breezes

Just got back 10 minutes ago.

Had a great trip.

Will post a report within the next couple of days.