We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

lombardia
Level Contributor
473 posts
26 reviews
Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Hallo, i've found here …las-terrenas-live.com/las-terrenas/transpor… that there are bus from Santiago to Las Terrenas and then from Las Terrenas to Santo Domingo. It seems not to bad (3h for Santiago and 2.15h for S.D) but in the forums i've seen nobody talk about them and they suggest taxi. Why? Are they guagua or bus? Even if Guagua the transport time it's not too bad... could it be a problem carry baggs? We will be with 2 children, normally they love bus transfer but i don't want a full day journey! thanks for help

14 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
1 review
1. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

They are buses. The Santo Domingo to LT bus is quicker as it is closer and less stops. Yes to luggage. The Santiago departs from near Plaza Lama and the Santo Domingo bus near Parque Enriquilo and also stops at the Toll road entrance station near SDQ

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
105 posts
2. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Yes, there is no problem with the bus rides. If you are used to public bus trips in foreign countries, no worries, the busses are for sure ok. :-)

lombardia
Level Contributor
473 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

thank you soo much! it's really a good new. Everyone else say it's crazy ti take bus to Las Terrenas ans some hotel say they don't raccomand them but i'm happy to know they're wrong. Does the bus from Santiago stop in uPerto Plata too? Or (as i hope) in an other street.. How long is the transfer from Santiago to Las Terrenas?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
1 review
4. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Santiago to LT does not go via PP. Takes maybe 2.5-3 hours or so.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
105 posts
5. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

There is a bus from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas as well in case you need it - once a day.

lombardia
Level Contributor
473 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

thank you so much..and do you know the name of the bus company? Or a web site..or we just go at the bus stop and wait?

And then to reach La Romana from La Terrenas do you think is it easer to go to Santo Domingo? Thanks

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
105 posts
7. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

On the link you posted above is the phone number of the driver of the Puerto Plata - Las Terrenas bus. It is best to reserve a seat in advance (one day before) just to make sure. He will also tell you where it is best to wait. If you don't speak Spanish, let someone call for you.

From Las Terrenas to La Romana you need to go to Santo Domingo first as there are no other connections.

lombardia
Level Contributor
473 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Ok,thank you!

lombardia
Level Contributor
473 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

i have an other question..will we find the bus the 24/25/25 December too?? or do they change/delete them because of Xmas?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
1 review
10. Re: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?

Yes, no

Reply to: Fast bus from Santiago or Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted