We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Dominican Republic in January

Preston
14 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Dominican Republic in January

Hi, I'm thinking of booking to go to DM in January. Has anyone been there in January and if so could you let me know what the weather was like? I'm just concerned that it'll be overcast and rain a lot! Thanks, Ann.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

It rains more in January on the north coast than it does in the east and south. Where are you looking at heading?

Kaki

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
465 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

HI

I will be going in January for a wedding. Arriving there Jan 25-Feb9. I usually go in October and have had great weather with a few showers, but nothing too bad.

What can we expect this time?

babye

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

Hi Annie and Babye,

I have been to the Dominican the past few years in both January and February and found the days hot in the high 80's and the evenings warm in the high 70's and low 80's

Not too much rain in Punta Cana or LaRomana, maybe a few showers that didn't last very long and the SUN came out again and I got to see some awesome rainbows...

I will be going back down again for New Years Eve at SUNscape the Beach which will by then be Dreams Punta Cana and then also visiting the New SUNscape Punta Cana.

Happy Travels All!

bb/mt

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,357 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

January is the toward the end of "rainy" season. Most days on the north coast are sunny and warm (upper 80's) with the chance of an afternoon shower or two. There is more sun then clouds. January is a beautiful time here

BObK

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

Mid December to March/April is the best time for weather.

Calgary
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

Hi Annie

I was in PuntaCana 2 yrs ago and other than a real bad wind storm we had no rain to mention, maybe a couple of showers in the evening but they blew through pretty quick.

heading back again this January and have no concerns , but you can never tell what the weather gods have up their sleeves

Go and enjoy.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,305 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

everytime we have been to the D.R. we have had a different experence with weather. One time it rained alot, the next year not a drop except at 3am. LASt year was probally the best in Jan and we had only had rain at night 2 times, nothing during the day but we did have some clouds. The weather is perfect temperature wise.

8. Re: Weather in Dominican Republic in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 07:29