We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable All Inclusive Family Resort

Ontario, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Affordable All Inclusive Family Resort

Hi there, I am hoping someone will be able to help us out!

We a family of 8 Adults and 7 kids ranging from ages 4-15 are looking at going on a vacation in the Dominican Republic; Dec 29th to Jan 5th. We are looking for an affordable resort ($1300 range, great if cheaper), could be small villas, that has good food, decent shape and fun for the kids. Any recommendations and why?

Recommendations outside of the Dominican will be considered also as we are not totally set on where to go.

Thank You so much for your help.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable All Inclusive Family Resort

where in the DR would be suitable for u really depends on the type of holiday you want

Punta Cana, Bayahibe, La Romana ...are more of a resort based holiday as not alot to do off resorts apart from organised tours but these are easy to book , All resort are very large to huge with there own choice of a la cartes and entertainment/ nightlife,Kids Club and kids entertainment everybody has there own favourite resort but i stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Resort and it was great. so goo we are returning this year on31st dec for 2 weeks

Puerto Plata...is the place you can find lots to do off resort many places to visit and it can be done either on an organised tour or off your own back, many areas to stay, Cabarete, Playa Dorada, Sousa, Samana and depending on the area would depend on your choice of hotels Cabarete is meant to be the place where u can just wonder round town, chill at a bar on the beach and has the better nightlife ,,,not stayed there yet but going in June ....Playa Dorada is a gated complex (so very safe) of about 8 hotels with a plaza that has shops/ bars etc i have stayed at a few hotels in the north think the best was The Gran Ventana at Playa Dorada or the Iberostar at Costa Dorada ....

May i suggest that you look into which area u would like to stay then post a specific question bout hotels and there facilities (make it as detailed as possible) on the areas specific forum

2. Re: Affordable All Inclusive Family Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:17