We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber in Santo Domingo

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Uber in Santo Domingo

Hey everyone,

I'm traveling to Las Terrenas from Santo Domingo in March. I'm trying to determine

the best way to get to Las Terrenas. I heard Urber is a good choice (Less expensive).

Can anyone tell me if Uber works exactly the same as it does in the US? Meaning that

I can go on my app and request an Uber once I'm at the airport and someone will pick me up in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for any feedback that you can give.

8 replies to this topic
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

Trip from aereport from santo domingo to punta cana in uber and I recommend that you look for a taxi or private driver for example jctaxi.net or bambinotaxi.com or anyone who has good prices, but who knows that really knows the roads of Dominican Republic, because uber are local drivers of city, that do not know the roads And I had a bad experience with an uber on 2 occasions

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

Thank you!

Bloomfield, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

How did it work out? I am heading there in May - and want to rent a car but everyone keeps telling me not to. I am from NY so I am used to aggressive driving but I am more so afraid of someone hitting us and then dealing with the police and all that headache for our honeymoon is not something I want to do

I was told taxi would be $200 there (las terrenas) and $200 when we return and a car rental is about the same price - not sure what to do...

Matanzas, Cuba
Level Contributor
2 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

Use uber all the time have been here since november you get good and bad drivers main problem is there knowledge of where they are going

New York
Level Contributor
595 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

Spanker any idea how much is an Uber from airport to Malecon?

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

Hi, but you would recommend using uber. I need to go from las americas intl to boca chica. the appartment can arrange a drive for 30US$ and I think uber would be something around 5US$.So much cheaper!

But is it safe, also for women?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

In the Airport you can pick a taxi to Caribe Tours at the head of the avenue that going to Terrenas, there you can take a very good Bus To Samana or Terrenas.. is more fun and more secure.

New York
Level Contributor
595 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber in Santo Domingo

Hi I'm a woman currently in Santo Domingo. Got a private driver to Colonial Zone from airport. $30 USD. Been using Uber everywhere super safe. Also public transportation for $25-$30 pesos. Enjoy your stay in Santo Domingo

Reply to: Uber in Santo Domingo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted