We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed: guided tours with transportation included

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed: guided tours with transportation included

High school son has been invited to attend baseball training camp in the Santo Domingo area this summer. I am fluent in Spanish (but have never been to the D.R.) and will be accompanying him on the trip. Days will be packed full of training, but we would like to do sightseeing in the evenings and probably will stay 2-3 days after the camp ends for this purpose, as well. After reading guidebooks and this site, I know I do not want to try to drive there. We will be staying in dorms provided by the training camp and will not have access to a resort concierge desk for excursions. I am looking for recommendations of guided tours that include pick-up from our lodging and round trip transportation. English speaking guides convenient but not imperative; safe transportation is the primary consideration. We are interested in both local tours in the Santo Domingo area and tours that go further afield. We especially enjoy nature sites, cultural and historical sites, and of course anything baseball. Thanks!

JM Transfer
Taxis & Shuttles
Transporte Aleika
Bus Transportation, Taxis & Shuttles
Leopardo Tours
Multi-day Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
2 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,981 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed: guided tours with transportation included

Where exactly are you staying?

BObK

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed: guided tours with transportation included

A gated community in Manoguayabo during the training camp. If we stay a few days after the camp ends, we are open to making reservations in any location that will give us a good base from which to explore (don't have a reservation anywhere yet).

Reply to: Advice needed: guided tours with transportation included
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santo Domingo