We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude/Topless Beaches

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, MB
3 posts
Save Topic
Nude/Topless Beaches

My boyfriend and I are planning on being in Puerto Plata, staying in the Playa Dorado Complex from Dec. 31 to Jan. 14. We love to sunbathe nude (no tan lines, plus you feel naughty!!!), but there doesn't seem to be any information about whether this is ok or not in DR. Can anyone provide any info?

Sosua, Dominican...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

it is ok to go topless.....ive never seen nude on that beach. there is a nude beach resort called eden bay resort, you can check that out. hope this helps, brenda

New York City
Level Contributor
577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

Unfortunately, Eden Bay is not on the Playa Dorada Complex. And I believe you can only go topless in Playa Dorada.

Saskatoon, Sk
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

Heh there, maybe I'll run into ya! I am going with my bf(same ages almost) and we are staying at the Alegro Playa Dorada. I was in Puerto Plata last year and there were plenty of topless women, never without bottoms though.

Ontario
Level Contributor
751 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

If you want to go nude you should go to Cayo Largo for your next trip. The nudes are not right in front of the hotels however, if you walk along the beautiful beach you will find plenty of swimsuit optional areas.

new york
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

you can pay to go to eden bay for the day. i think $65 pp from 10am to 6 pm. includes use of facilities one meal and all your drinks.

new york
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

you can pay to go to eden bay for the day. i think $65 pp from 10am to 6 pm. includes use of facilities one meal and all your drinks.

new york
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude/Topless Beaches

Anyone going to Eden bay 2/20/06.? Anyone recently returned ? Is the beach swimable? Are there theme nights? Is there a small town to go shopping? Any info would be appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Plata