We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cigars

Where is the best place to buy legitimate cigars close to the Blue Bay Villas Doradas? Any assistance is appreciated.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars

If you are coming in the next week or two the cigar shop in the Plaza is closing so selling out remaining stock and you might actually get a good deal there. Do not under any circumstance buy cigars from a street or beach vendor. If so there is a 95% chance they are fakes.

If you are in Puerto plata stop at la Sirena as they have a selection in the front of the store.

In Sosua, probably the best place locally there is Cafe Cubano with the largest walk in humidor in the country and the best selection of good quality cigars at a very good price

BObK

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars

Thanks so much Bobk, very helpful. Sadly, we will be missing the big sale by one week! However, we were hoping to be able to go to Sousa as we hear it is a nice beach. Which leads me to three more questions please, is there a public beach in Sousa and is Cafe Cubano close to where there may be a public beach? Lastly, can you buy boxes of cigars from the Cafe? Thanks again!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars

The answer to all three questions is YES

The beach is public like all beaches in this country and i large with usually very calm crystal clear water. Good snorkeling from the beach as well.

Cafe Cubano is about a 4 block walk from the actual beach and one block from the top of the entrance road to the beach

Yes you can buy single cigars, multiple cigars or boxes of cigars.

BObK

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigars

When are you going to be here

BObK

5. Re: Cigars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 18:35
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigars

Sorry Kevin no advertising allowed. Read the regulations on posting

BObK

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigars

End of March Bobk

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigars

If you are here March 22 there is a cigar night in Playa Dorada. A bit expensive $100 or so but includes dinner, lots of free cigars and door prizes. Proceeds go to local charities.

Let me know if you are interested and I will find the link for you.

BObK

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigars

If i were there at that time i would go for sure but we dont arrive until the 29th. Thanks for the suggestion though, im sure it will be a great time for a good cause.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigars

If i were there at that time i would go for sure but we dont arrive until the 29th. Thanks for the suggestion though, im sure it will be a great time for a good cause.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 21:52