We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non preferred in DLR

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Non preferred in DLR

Have booked to stay here in February 2018 and after reading some reviews I am wondering if I should reconsider. I see no need to upgrade to preferred as 90% of the time we sit by the water as opposed to the pools but what I don't want to experience is "the haves vs the have not" type of attitude by the staff. Can anyone please let me know from experience if those who do not book the preferred section are treated less than. I was really confident in my choice of this hotel. I am hoping this was just a few peoples interpretation and not the norm. TIA. Donna

9 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: Non preferred in DLR

Stayed at DLR. Did not have preferred club and was treated the same. If you do not want private pool and beach section and upgrade liquor, it is not need. Some people like the extra perks on their vacation but staff treat you the same.

Burlington, Iowa
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Non preferred in DLR

We are at Dreams La Romana now and wondered the same thing, as we have been to many Dreams properties before and have done both the preferred and not. Thought about upgrading when we got here but for us it really is not worth the extra it costs, just our opinion. The upgrade gets you a special al lacarte for breakfast and lunch and a special place on the beach, For us the breakfast at the buffet is fine and the same goes for lunch, we did the hamburlokce for lunch. Preferred also has a special place on the beach but we are actually better located for beach access in the "regular" beach. I do think I have read where the preferred rooms are upgraded, we are in building 4 and on the 3rd floor we have a ocean view from the balcony, but the room is very nice, they are not that big but enough for us, they are as they look on the website. Bathroom has a walk in shower, which we like. As for the staff, everyone has been great. Upgrading is a personal choice, however I am satisfied that we choose not to.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Non preferred in DLR

I will be there in November and was wondering if you are getting top shelf liquor being non preferred?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Non preferred in DLR

Thank you very much for your input. Puts my mind at ease.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
5. Re: Non preferred in DLR

We have been to several Dreams and always done preferred. It's not that there are haves and have nots as everyone gets treated excellente! But what we have found (and especially with DLR) extra things just seem to happen. Talk about trying to get in to the tepanyaki restaurant, and all of a sudden you skip the wait because your concierge made a reservation. At the preferred club you might say "some popcorn would be nice" and enough for the table show's up. Super Chester at the bar see's you walking up and your regular drink is on the table waiting when you get there. Micheal from the hamburger place shows up and asks you whatever you want from the beach bbq, no questions asked, no problemo senor, every day. It's a bit extra that really raises the level.

Edited: 05 October 2017, 21:59
Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Non preferred in DLR

I am entirely with Dezine. I am sure everyone has a great holiday at DLR. However the Preferred option gives you a very different experience, more tranquil, everything to hand, your own pools and bars and Clubhouses and with the wonderful concierges who smooth your path from end to end of your holiday.

GOIANIA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
7. Re: Non preferred in DLR

a diferença gritante é bebida alcóolica: CERVEJA HEINNKEN E BUD, um Cercadinho a beira mar ao lado do que não é preferred ..uma piscina. e acesso a um determinado restaurante a noite. EU VOLTARIA pela cerveja apenas! o Chopp servido é o Presidente

GOIANIA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
8. Re: Non preferred in DLR

as bebidas são premium ...

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Non preferred in DLR

I have been to this resort 6 times non preferred the STAFF make this place an are friendly and hardworking the staff will not treat differently only the anemteties will be different! I would not worry!

Reply to: Non preferred in DLR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted