We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation PUJ to La Romana, Bayahibe

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Transportation PUJ to La Romana, Bayahibe

I am researching the most economical way to book a vacation package (a flight and hotel) to a NEW! Catalonia Royal La Romana All Inclusive-Adults Only from NYC. For some reason all packages I am seeing on a major booking sites have flights from NYC to PUJ only, instead of NYC to La Romana airport. I do not understand why. A shared round trip transportation from PUJ to La Romana- Bayahibe is rather expensive $157.00 for 2 people,but from La Romna airport to Bayahibe is only $40.00 for two people. Since I have no choice, but to fly to PUJ, I was wondering, are there any less expensive options to get from PUJ to La Romana Bayahibe hotels?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
1 review
1. Re: Transportation PUJ to La Romana, Bayahibe

Two things, first there are only a few flights per week into the small LRM airport. PUJ is the main busy airport in this province with a whole lotta flights from NYC area. Second you could save money by taking a bus or buses if you want to go through all that.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2. Re: Transportation PUJ to La Romana, Bayahibe

RV429,

No, I was not thinking buses...,... less expensive taxi ride or something like this may be?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Transportation PUJ to La Romana, Bayahibe

The posted taxi rate at the Punta Cana airport is 110 - 120 USD one way. you can get it for 100 USD one way if you prearrange it, the shared rate is a bit cheaper. Not sure what companies you searched, but the rate 157 USD return trip sounds like a normal price for shared transport

Denise

Reply to: Transportation PUJ to La Romana, Bayahibe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Romana
Recent Conversations