We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise excursion.

Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise excursion.

Hi,

Me and my partner are going on a Caribbean cruise with Thomson on the celebration ship, Dominican republic, La Romana is one of our stops, we have looked at the excursions on the website however nothing is really taking our fancy apart from the Bayahibe Beach Break. Has anyone been here or can anyone recommend anything to do?

Many thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise excursion.

Do the beach, very nice

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,499 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise excursion.

How long do you have ashore? The Seavis full day trip to Saona Island is very good.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise excursion.

You will be probably arriving at 9 and have to be back on the ship by 4 (that is the usual timing) so you won't have time to go a any full day excursion. If you just want to relax and enjoy the beach, you can take a taxi from the port, enjoy a nice lunch at one of the shore restaurants or try the local food at one of the stands there. And afternoon head back to the port.

If you want to do some activities, you can go for horse rides, or walk in the National park and swim in a freshwater cave there, ziplining or flyboarding. Or if you prefer boat activity, you can go for a short boat trip to Piscina Natural.

Denise

Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise excursion.

We are there for the day, we have looked at the saona island trip which we are interested in, could you give us more information?

Or would you recommend just staying on the island? Our worry is we will waste time looking for somewhere to go or do, when we just want to relax.

Thank you

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise excursion.

Once you arrive to the La Romana port all the day excursions will be gone already, but that is for the full day, they leave around 8:30 - 9 AM, that is usually the time the cruise ships arrive to the port and come back around 5 PM and at that time you will have to be back on the ship. And the excursions for cruise ship visitors will be full already, so unless you reserve it in advance, you can stay on the beach in BAyahibe or Dominicus and relax. Unfortunately I cannot post more details how to book because it would be deleted immediately by TA as a business promotion (has happened many times now), so you can message me if you want more info.

Denise

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,869 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise excursion.

It looks like you are in port from 8AM - 7PM so a nice long day. If you are considering the Seavis Saona excursion for cruisers we would highly recommend that. You can see details on the boats and the itinerary on their site, great day on a beautiful Catuano Beach and a stop at the starfish sandbar. You would meet the taxi at the cruise port at 9AM and they would return you there around 14:45PM. Seavis adjusts their times to the Carnival cruise ship schedule so be sure to let them know you are with Thomson.

https:/…saona_special_e.htm

If not an option for you the beachbreak goes to Catalina Island and that is a very nice beach. Great option if you want to just relax, ~30 min boat ride each way.

Edited: 11 December 2017, 11:46
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise excursion.

When are you going as my 24yr son and I 53 female are looking to maybe join up to do a tour, trip etc

Reply to: Cruise excursion.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted