We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

Hi there

My hubby and I are travelling the second week of December this year and are trying to decide between SRB & SCC. I'm a little scared about the negative food reviews from Royal Beach - is Cap Cana better? Which has better night entertainment?

13 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

To tell you the truth would not go to an all inclusive for the entertainment . Would choose SCC over SRB.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

SCC is brand new, on a beautiful beach but is a bit isolated. It will also cost you more than SRB. SRB is close to El Cortecito if you like to venture off resort. They both are rated fairly well. All depends what you can afford and what you are looking for.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

SRB has limited dining options, and a busy beach.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

So I take it that SCC is nicer than SRB. Is the food better?

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

Does anyone know if the food is good at SCC? I have also read recent negative reviews about the food at secrets royal beach.

Edited: 18 October 2017, 22:34
London
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

SRB food is appalling- I would avoid it at all costs, just returned from 2 weeks of eating nachos by rom service as food was uncooked and never hot enough

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

I'm currently staying at SCC and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Beautiful quite location on a stretch of white powdery sand beach. Very good food and well trained staff providing excellent service throughout. The nightly entertainment is very good with various shows at the theatre each evening and also live singers around one of the bars. We've been too DR several times and this place is far the best we've been to.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
896 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

We had awesome food at SRB a few years back - Just counterpointing someone who said it was terrible. However, the beach was busy - had to be up early to get a palapa - which is a bit ridic for a higher end resort.

north bay ontario
Level Contributor
232 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

We stayed at Now which shares some of the restaurants with Secrets guest and is not adults only and would not recommend the food. Beach was nice but very busy. Cap Cana may be better.

lincs
Level Contributor
103 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...

I’ve booked secrets for next year, but not upgraded to preferred, would I be better doing so, and if so do it with travel agent or wait until we get there?

Reply to: Secrets Royal Beach or Secrets Cap Cana...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted