We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help ASAP!

North Plainfield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Hello Everyone,

I am getting married on next year and we plan on going on our honeymoon May 6th - 11th. We made the destination pick of Punta Cana however we are stuck where to actually stay. It seems that there are a lot of resorts offering different types of deals and we don't want to miss out on any type of sale so we need to make this choice very soon.

Here the information:

Ages: Early 30's

Total Budget with Flight included : $3,300 - $3.500 (Leaving out of Newark)

Wants: Relaxation, Beach, Jetted Jacuzzi, 24h Room Service, Ocean front/view (if possible), Beautiful looking room, good food and a very nice spa that he and I can go together.

Not sure if that is asking a lot for the price range but I at least need to be put on the right direction path. Anything you can suggest would be very helpful as we are planning on booking somewhere this week.

Thank you for taking your time to read and can't wait to see what you have to say.

11 replies to this topic
Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
110 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Head to Secrets Cap Cana if it fits your price range ( DM me for a great travel agent ) . Has everyone of your requirements and it's a 15 minute ride from the airport . We just spent 7 days there and it's the best resort I've ever been to. Luxury and service all around . best to you and your spouse in your upcoming wedding

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Have a look at CHIC. Smaller, modern, lively resort with great food. 24 hrs room service order right on your smart TV. 4 liquor bottles dispenser in your room. No reservations required at the resto. Free Wi-Fi across the resort.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Check out the Excellence resorts. I have not been to the ones in Punta Cana, however we went to one in Mexico for our honeymoon and it was amazing. They offer a free honeymoon package which was a huge bonus in our opinion! There are details on the resort website.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

You've gotten some great suggestions here. My only other bit of advice would be to opt for the higher end resort with a lesser room, rather than getting the better (ocean front) room at a mediocre resort. You can look at the ocean all day long when you sit on the beach, and don't forget, you'll be in your room mostly at night, when it's dark out anyway. I experienced what was called "ocean view" and all it meant was that if you sort of lean over your balcony a bit and peer through some palm trees, you can see a sliver of water. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

"don't forget, you'll be in your room mostly at night, when it's dark out anyway" well that depends... OP is on honeymoon so they may venture in the room more often... LOL. But good point about the resort versus room.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Absolutely... I expect honeymooners to spend lots of time enjoying their room... but they'll be IN the room for post-wedding fun, right?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,374 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Yeah, the best view should be of the ceiling. :)

Mark

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

For who Mark... LOL. Poozieny, that depends on the balcony set up... ;o)

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
104 posts
9. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

As it has been mentioned already the Secrets Cap Cana sure would be a great choice for your honeymoon. They have excellent service and the hotel is beautiful.

Another great option are the Dreams Palm Beach or one of the Dreams Hotels in Bayahibe (approx. 1 hour from Punta Cana Airport); they also feature your needs (room service, Spa, beach, nice rooms and good food) but the prices are usually a bit lower than Secrets.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,917 posts
186 reviews
10. Re: Honeymoon Help ASAP!

Check out Iberostar Grand , Secrets, Majestic Mirage ( club room) and Royalton Hideaway.

Reply to: Honeymoon Help ASAP!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted