We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

I would like to post some pictures but I don't know how to do it. I need someone's help. In the mean time here's a quick review.

They have done a great job in their renovations. The rooms are very nice and the pools are a welcomed addition. We didn't use ours a lot but when we did we were glad it was there. I am hoping the vegetation between the pools and the walkway grows before next year to help separate the swimmers and those passing by.

There are a few small other things they could have done in the rooms . There is a need for more towel racks and/or hooks for towels and swim suits. Our room did not have a desk which my wife had always used as a makeup table. A desk would have been nice. There was a need for an additional outlet in the sitting area( no big thing) The patio door and curtains were always a problem because of the way they opened and there is no handle on the outside of the door.( again no big deal)

The new coffee shop is really nice and those working there go out of their way to take care of you.

The Sports Bar and Gym are also very nice. A listing of sporting events in the bar would have been nice to see what was on and going to be on.

The Limbo restaurant was not open while we were there so I can't comment on it. They have also upgraded the Ambar Buffet as well as the restaurant by the pool and have added MEAT where the Brazilian restaurant was. The food selection at all three has been upgraded as well and is very good.

The pool area has been improved also and the beach bar for the Ambar has been enlarged with more seating on the patio part. The service has remained excelente' !

It appeared that they have replaced all the trams with newer models but it seemed they are not taking guests as many places as they have in the past unless you are part of the Privilege Club.

One thing that hasn't changed is the friendliness and attention of the staff. It is still EXCELENTE'!

A particular shout out to Amber, Greydin, Germania,Louis & Noel( in Ambar buffet)Alejandro and The Confesor at pool bar . Plus all the other staff members whose names I can't remember . They all did a great job in making our stay EXCELENTE'!

55 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

Hi Steve S

Thank you for the review. How was checkin? Last year it was long and drawn out.

canada
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

steve, can you tell me, is meat a brazillian steak house still? just renamed from rodizio? If not was it better than garden grill? Also is there still a brazillian over at esmeralda? That was gregs fav the last few visits and he will be disappointed lol. Also I notice there is no palapas at the pool anymore :( just umbrellas. We will miss that. So torn between returning for our tenth visit or going back to RST or to SCC. Taking the tubs out was also a bummer for us.

1 post
1 review
3. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

We are going next week. Glad to hear you had a nice time and the resort didn't disappoint. Any restaurants or activities that are a MUST? Any other odd ball travel tips you may have to may our stay more enjoyable?

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

We got there on Tuesday the 6th and there was no trouble at all. One other thing I forgot. The concierges were located in 2 or 3 of the villas which was very convenient . There was a desk in Villa 65 and one in Villa 60 for sure. They were a great help in whatever you may need.

Have a great time!

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

M.E.A.T. was more like the Garden Grill. The one steak they had was a rib eye that was for 2 people and was very good. Their clam chowder and crab cakes were very good. I'm not sure if there is a Brazilian restaurant in Esmeralda or not. We got a listing of the restaurants and what they served one year but they did not have an updated one for this year. The concierges wanted a copy of ours to help them.

Our room was a corner room with a tub in the corner near the patio door which we didn't use at all. The shower is very big and served our purpose very well. One other thing that we missed were 2 sinks. There is only 1 now. Makes getting ready a little slower but doable

I don't know anything to tell you to help you all make up your mind about where to go. All I can say is that I was worried at first but once we got there and saw and experienced everything I was more than pleased.Don Pablo, now Limbo, was suppose to up yesterday,Thursday the 15th ,or today, Friday the 16th. We did miss eating there. We'll have to wait until next year. As I said earlier , all the food in the buffet and pool side restaurant has been upgraded and the staff was great as usual. Whatever you all decide have a great trip!

canada
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

thanks steve... I think we just have jitters... Greg says we should just do a one week instead of two for our first time "home" we will see

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

Thank you Steve, that is helpful. We will be there in late November for 10 days. We are looking forward to it.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,292 posts
111 reviews
8. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

Hi i take it this review is for the newly renovated Luxury Bahia principe Ambar

Stevie

Edited: 16 November 2018, 14:52
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,118 posts
189 reviews
9. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

How crowded was the beach? Was at the Esmeralda in October during the low season and there were bumper to bumper people on the beach. It was so crowded that is was difficult walking to the ocean from the pool area.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,118 posts
189 reviews
10. Re: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar

Greggnlynn, big difference in price and quality between the Ambar and SCC, don't you think.

Reply to: Just got back from Grand Bahia Ambar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted