We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Friends of ours have booked a trip at this hotel for April. They want us to go with them but the reviews seem pretty bad.

Anyone been there recently? Is this hotel as bad as the reviews indicated?

Thanks.

mississauga
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

hello there,

I agree with Slyguy, I think what people are worried about is staying in a shithole, we're booked with our family there's 20 of us in our family that are booked for the 18 march.. the last thing I want for my Family is a Hotel that really doesnt care if your there or not Attitude, We all work hard for our Vacation's, And Yes I know About travel and have travelled extensively myself and have stayed at High end resort's where People will complain that's just Human Nature not everyone will be happy, but when the review's keep coming in that are so negitive it would make you wonder why the tour Operator's dont step in and really investigate the situations.

I hope that the reviews start coming in a little more Positive.....Happy 2009 to All

england
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Hi again

If you check the review page for barcelo there are some photos of non refurbed rooms. And the videos give you a taste of the place.

Also you may wanna see my vids of the new pool and Mexican.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9g34sJzbk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSDBjVOpPA

I wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone I didn't know personally but I would reccomend it to my friends.

If you go expecting a 3* you'll be pleased if you're expecting 4* or 4* plus you may be dissapointed.

Any specific questions about block locations I have a map I can email to you. Send me a PM with your email address.

Happy Hols

Sparky

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Hey Sparky.

Thanks for the video. When were they taken?

Those definately show some nice stuff.

Will be going over to the TA this weekend as start the planning process. Hopefully he has some good things to say about the place.

Would be fun to go as about 10 of our friends are already booked in Apr.

SlyGuy.

england
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Hi Sly

Taken About 2 months ago, There's more on barcelo review page one shows the beach, another the "old Pool"

You won't be dissappointed

Happy Hols

Sparky

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Thanks again Sparky.

I guess we'll be visiting with our TA to get a feel of price versus quality.

Seems that from some of the pics, the suites are in the "old" section... As we're taking the 15 year old with us, we'll be needing a suite and wouldn't want to be in one of the old rooms.

The quest continues :o)

england
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

Hi Sly

Not quite correct.

They have refurbed Suites, Haven't seen them myself but would imagine they're nice.

We got a non re-furbed suite last visit, ( As a Comp ) To be honest if we'd paid the extra for it I would have been unhappy.

2 Tv's, picture quality crap on both, 3 Balconies couldn't open door on one and couldn't lock another, Whirlpool bath that didn't work, Front door that we couldn't lock, when they "fixed" it we couldn't get out.(Quite funny really)Maintenance had to get in over balcony. :-)) Plus a couple of other "niggly" probs.

But I still like the place !!

The non re-furbed rooms really are tired,

Functional, clean but tired.

It really depends what you expect from your room & how much it costs.

I really try to be honest about the place without "BIGGING" it up.

It suits us & will go back.

Happy Hols

Sparky

17. Re: Barcelo Premium - Bad Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 13:16
;