We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctor at EdenH Real

Belle River, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Doctor at EdenH Real

Mike:

I am coming to your resort in February and am very excited.

My daughter and her boyfriend are looking for a good resort also in February to celebrate her graduation from university. Since I have been to Punta Cana many times they are asking my advice. She is a Type 1 Diabetic and I am worried about her in case she gets sick (as many people do down south). Does the resort have a doctor on site? Also would lite beer and diet coke be available or if not would she be able to purchase it somewhere? Does the resort have 24 hour food available as sometimes she has to have some at odd hours?

Tawney

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

=== bump ===

so PCMike can jump in and answer that

Mike

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,379 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

bumped again for

vienemo

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

Hi there....firstly...as a percentage...less people get sick here than they do back home, thus "many people" is somewhat of an exageration.

That being said, we do have a 24 hour medical clinic available (not part of the all inclusive package) on site and should the need arise for more intensive attention, there is a hospital approximately 15 minutes away.

Diet soft drinks are always available, as is food...we offer complimentary 24 hour room service.

See you soon!

I will try to keep the sun shining for you!

PCMike

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

PC Mike will be better able to answer however, we were at the EdenH last year and needed to see the doctor. He was fantastic!!! He spoke excellent English, was very professional and had me feeling better in a couple of days. It was actually better healthcare than I get in my own country.....

Belle River, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

Mike:

Thank you very much for your reply. You have made a nervous mother feel a lot better.

Tawney

Belle River, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

Good to hear it from someone who has been through it. Thanks a lot.

Tawney

Ottawa
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

Hey there,

We stayed at the EDENH last Feb. My wife got reaction to the sunscreen she was using which caused her eye to swell and become fatigued. The doctor was GREAT. If you have all your insurance forms with you the process was very quick and treatment was immediate and very professional. The on site medical facilities are well equipped to handle most conditions and emergencies.

I hope this helps.

gord

8. Re: Doctor at EdenH Real

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 14:20